Mackey Family Endowed Scholarship
This scholarship was established in honor of Mrs. Sandra Mackey, who was an esteemed veteran journalist and famed international author on the Middle East. Given her interest and expertise on this global region, the Mackey Family Scholarship provides financial assistance to students who wish to focus their studies on Arabic or the Middle East. This scholarship is awarded once annually to a qualified applicant.
- Must be a full-time, regularly enrolled student at the University of Oklahoma
- Must be majoring in Arabic or Middle Eastern Studies
- Must have a minimum of 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Must have a demonstrated financial need
- Must not be the Donor or an immediate family member of the Donor
- Priority consideration will be given to those with high academic standing and financial need.
Deadline: February 1
Any student unable to complete the program will be required to return the full amount of the award to the College of International Studies.