Yingtao Liu - Associate Professor
William H. Barkow Presidential Professor
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering – 2012 Arizona State University
- M.S., Mechatronics Engineering – 2006 Harbin Institute of Technology
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering – 2004 Harbin Institute of Technology
- Advanced composites and multifunctional materials
- Intelligent sensors and structures
- Nondestructive inspection
- Structural health monitoring and prognostics
Courses Taught at OU
- AME 2113: Statics
- AME 3143: Solid Mechanics
- AME 3353: Design-Mechanical Components
- AME 4553: Design Practicum
- AME 5710: Introduction to Structural Health Monitoring
- Luo, W., Charara, M., Saha, M.C., Liu, Y. (2019). “Fabrication and Characterization of Porous CNF/PDMS Nanocomposites for Sensing Applications,” Applied Nanoscience, 9(6):1309-1317.
- Charara, M., Luo, W., Saha, M.C., Liu, Y. (2019). “Investigation of Lightweight and Flexible Carbon Nanofiber/Poly Dimethylsiloxane Nanocomposite Sponge for Piezoresistive Sensor Application,” Advanced Engineering Materials, 21(5):1801068.
- Chowdhury, S., Saha, M.C., Patterson, S., Robison, T., Liu, Y. (2019). “Highly Conductive Polydimethylsiloxane/Carbon Nanofiber Composites for Flexible Sensor Applications,” Advanced Materials Technologies, 4(1): 1800398.
- Wang, J., Luo, J., Kunkel, R., Saha, M.C., Bohnstedt, B., Lee, C.H., Liu, Y. (2019). “Development of Shape Memory Polymer Nanocomposite Foam for Treatment of Intracranial Aneurysms,” Materials Letters, 250: 38-41.
Click here to view Dr. Liu’s full list of publications.
Honors & Awards
- Best Paper Award 2nd Prize, Materials Processing Technical Committee, Materials Division, ASME 2018 IMECE, Pittsburgh, PA, November 11-14, 2018
- OU VPR Faculty Investment Program Award, 2015
- Journal of Aerospace Engineering Best Paper Award, 2012
Professional Memberships & Activities
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- Society of Photonics Engineers (SPIE)
Dr. Liu's Lab
Felgar Hall, Room 218A