Postdoc: Mechanical Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO, 2012-14
Postdoc: Process Engineering, Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems, Magdeburg, GR, 2010-11
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Tarbiat Modares University, IR, 2009
(Visiting Scholar: EMPA (ETH-domain) Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology, Dubendorf, 2008-09)
M.S., Aerospace Engineering, Tarbiat Modares University, IR, 2003
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Yazd University, IR, 2000.
Modeling and Simulation of Energy Systems
- Sustainable Energy Technologies
- Greenhouse Gas Management
- Carbon Capture and Utilization
- Energy Storage
- Electrochemical Energy Systems (Fuel Cells and Batteries)
- Process Design and Modeling
- P. Kazempoor, A. T.J. Hurely, N. Alkadi, M. Patterson, Air-fuel Ratio Regulation for Internal Combustion Engines, US Patent App. 15/458,178, 2018
- A. Hesami, P. Kazempoor, V. J. Acacio, J. D. Van Dam, Systems And Methods For Gas Pulse Jet Pump, US Patent App. US 2018/0340551 A1
- D. M. Sharber, A.O. El.Messidi, N.E. Alkadi, P.Kazempoor, Method and system for remote processing and analysis of industrial asset inspection data, US Patent App. US15/285,412
- A.O. El.Messidi, M. Farmahini, T. Hurley, P. Kazempoor, N. Alkadi, Bypass System for Regulating Lubrication of Reciprocating Machines, US Patent App. US. 15/864,653
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Baker Hughes a GE Company (BHGE) 2018 Technology Excellence Award (Award recognizes individuals who have played a pivotal role in the success and technological progress of the company)
- Bursary Award- Fuel Cell Advance Conference (Groove Symposium)
- Two Best Paper Awards (5th Conference on Internal Combustion Engine, ICMEAT 2012)
- Associate Editor of Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, Elsevier
- Session Organizer -ASME 2014 12th Fuel Cell Science, Engineering and Technology Conference, Boston, MA
- Referee for 14 scientific journals including: International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Journal of Power Sources, Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy , AICHE, Energy & Building, Energy Progress, Chemical Engineering Journal, ASME fuel cell science and technology Journal, Fuel Cells, Environmental Progress & Sustainable Energy
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- The Electrochemical Society
- Max-Planck Institute Alumni (Maxnet)
- International Building Performance Simulation Association (IBPSA)
- International Association for Hydrogen Energy (IAHE)
- Braun R.J., Kazempoor P., Chapter 12: Applications in combined heat, cooling and power systems, Book title: Solid oxide fuel cells: from materials to system modeling, Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) Publisher, London, UK.
- Gubba S., Tamma B., Kazempoor P., Hurley T., Patterson M. and Hartman G. (2019) "A Novel Air Management System for a Large Bore Two-stroke Naturally Aspirated Gas Engine to Reduce Emissions," Accepted for publication in International Journal of Engine Research.
- Kazempoor P., Braun R.J. (2014), Model validation and performance analysis of regenerative solid oxide cells for energy storage: Reversible operation, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 39, 5955-5971.
- Kazempoor P., R.J. Braun (2014), Model validation and performance analysis of regenerative solid oxide cells for energy storage: Electrolytic operation, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 39, 2669–2684.
- Kazempoor P., Ommi F., Dorer V (2011): Response of a planar solid oxide fuel cell to step load and inlet flow temperature changes, Journal of Power Sources. 196. 8948– 8954.
- Kazempoor P., Dorer V., Weber A. (2011): Modelling and evaluation of building integrated SOFC systems. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 36. 13241-13249.
- Kazempoor P., Dorer V., Ommi F. (2010): Modelling and performance evaluation of solid oxide fuel cell for building integrated co- and polygeneration, Fuel Cells. 6. 1074–1094.
- Kazempoor P., Dorer V., Ommi F. (2009): Evaluation of hydrogen and methane-fuelled solid oxide fuel cell systems for residential applications: System design alternatives and parameters study, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 34. 8630-8644.
- Wendel C. H., P. Kazempoor, R. J. Braun (2015), Novel electrical energy storage system based on reversible solid oxide cells: System design and operating conditions, Journal of Power Sources, 276, 133-144.
- Wendel C. H., P. Kazempoor, R. J. Braun (2016), A thermodynamic approach for selecting operating conditions in the design of reversible solid oxide cell energy systems, Journal of Power Sources, 301, 93-104
- Kazempoor P., Braun R.J. (2015), Hydrogen and synthetic fuel production using high temperature solid oxide electrolysis cells (SOECs), International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 40, 3599-3612.
Dr. Pejman Kazempoor is the Director of the Energy Sustainability Laboratory at OU. Prior to his employment with OU, Dr. Kazempoor had worked in research and development for Baker Hughes, and the GE Global Research where he was responsible for driving innovative research and development activities and taking early-stage technologies from the conceptual stage to full commercialization with the business units. He also spent time in the academia as a researcher at Colorado School of Mines, the Max Planck Institute and EMPA- Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology. Dr. Kazempoor is the recipient of BHGE’s 2018 Technology Excellence Award, and Associate Editor for Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering-Elsevier. He also published more than 50 papers in various national and international peer-reviewed journals and conferences, including a book chapter. Dr. Kazempoor's innovative experience is also highlighted by several patent applications.
Dr. Kazempoor's Google Scholar Profile