GRADUATE CHEMICAL ENGINEERING – WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU – OUTSTANDING OFFER PACKAGE!
1. OU is a highly ranked university!
· Ranked in the Top 100 Best Engineering Graduate Schools by U.S. News for 2017
· The Princeton Review ranks OU among the best in the nation in terms of academic excellence and cost for students.
· OU has achieved the Carnegie Foundations highest tier of research activity classification.
· OU graduated its 30th Rhodes Scholar, ranking us highly among public institutions nationwide in the total of Rhodes Scholars.
· OU is home to over 800 currently enrolled National Merit Scholars and is No. 5 among public universities in the enrollment of freshmen National Merit Scholars.
2. OU Chemical Engineering Graduate Program offers a competitive stipend package to students on assistantships!
· Annual stipend of $28,000
· Waivers of both in-state and out of state tuition for courses towards degree
· Waiver of the basic student health insurance cost
Stipends plus waivers valued at $17,000 = estimated packages of over $45,000!
3. You can enter the Ph.D. program, without obtaining an M.S. degree first. Annual stipends are also available for M.S. students.
We accept both M.S. and Ph.D. applicants. Master’s students often stay for their Ph.D. degrees.
4. Focusing on research in areas of strategic importance for the United States economy!
· Colloids and Interface Science
· Materials Engineering
· Membrane Science
· Renewable Energy and Materials
· Tissue engineering
5. We have expense paid visits to the campus available for qualified students located in the U.S.!
Just send a short message to firstname.lastname@example.org that you are interested in discussing a visit. Include your resume, and a copy of your transcript. In addition, students who meet the criteria and are invited in for a visit will have their university application fee paid for by the department.
6. Our graduates are employed by highly regarded companies and universities, both in the US and internationally!
· Companies include 3M, Abengoa, Agilent, AMD, Baker Hughes, BASF, Chevron, Clorox, ConocoPhillps, Drom Fragrances, Dupont, ExxonMobil, Gore and Associates, Halliburton, Imation, Intel, Master Foods/Mars, Micromeritics, Nanofilm Ltd., Procter & Gamble, Schlumberger, Shell Oil Company, U.S. Navy, U.S. Patent Office, and Unilever.
· Post-Doctoral positions include University of Bristol, England; University of California-Berkeley; University of Delaware; Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh, UK; Massachusetts Institute of Technology, National Institute of Standards and Technology, University of Ontario, Canada; Pacific Northwestern National Laboratory.
· Faculty positions at University of California Davis; Chulalongkorn University, Thailand; EAFIT University, Colombia; Feng chia University, Taiwan; University of Kansas; Kasetsart University, Thailand; King Mohammed V University, Morocco; King Saud University, Saudi Arabia; University of Kuwait; University of Mississippi; National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan; University of Nevada-Reno; New Jersey Institute of Technology, University of Oklahoma, Oxford University, England; Rowan University; University of Toronto, University of Twente, the Netherlands.
7. Norman and the area have much to offer!
· OU campus is in the 25 Most Beautiful College Campuses in American as indicated by Thrillist.
· OU's Bizzell Memorial Library named among "18 Stunning University Libraries Around the World" by Architectural Digest.
· Reasonable cost of living
· Championship sports teams