1. Solvent-Mediated Charge Separation Drives Alternate Hydrogenation Path of Furanics in Liquid Water Zheng Zhao , Mr. Reda bababrik , Wenhua Xue , Yaping Li, Nicholas Briggs , Dieu-Thy Nguyen, Umi Nguyen, Steven Crossley, Sanwu Wang, Daniel Resasco Nature Catalysis, accepted, 2019
2. Hydrogenation of o-Cresol at the Water/Pt(111) Interface Li, Yaping; Liu, Zhimin; Liu, Yingdi; Crossley, Steven; Jentoft, Friederike; Wang, Sanwu Journal of Physical Chemistry C, accepted, 2019
3. Identification of active sites on supported metal catalysts with carbon nanotube hydrogen highways Nicholas M Briggs, Lawrence Barrett, Evan C Wegener, Leidy V Herrera, Laura A Gomez, Jeffrey T Miller, Steven P Crossley Nature Communications, DOI: 10.1038/s41467-018-06100-9, 2018
4. Effect of hydrogen coverage on hydrogenation of o-cresol on Pt (111) Y Li, Z Liu, SP Crossley, FC Jentoft, S Wang Applied Surface Science 443, 575-580, 2018
5. Systems-Level Analysis of Energy and Greenhouse Gas Emissions for Coproducing Biobased Fuels and Chemicals: Implications for Sustainability AW Beck, AJ O’Brien, GG Zaimes, DE Resasco, SP Crossley, V Khanna ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering 6 (5), 5826-5834, 2018.
6. Stable Pickering Emulsions using Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes of Varying Wettability. Nicholas Briggs, Ashwin Raman, Lawrence Barrett, Chase Brown, Brian Li, Devlin Leavitt, Clint Aichele and Steven Crossley. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physiochemical and Engineering Aspects 537, 227-235, 2018
7. A new finding for carbon nanotubes in polymer blends: Reduction of nanotube breakage during melt mixing. Jiaxi Guo, Nicholas Briggs, Steven Crossley, Brian P. Grady, Journal of Thermoplastic Composite Materials 0892705716681835, 31(1) 110-118, 2018.
8. Multistage torrefaction and in situ catalytic upgrading to hydrocarbon biofuels: analysis of life cycle energy use and greenhouse gas emissions. Gregory G Zaimes Andrew Beck, Rajiv Janupala, Daniel E. Resasco, Steven P. Crossley, Lance L. Lobban, Vikas Khanna Energy & Environmental Science. 10(5):1034-50, 2017
9. Trace water amounts can increase benzene H/D exchange rates in an acidic zeolite. Kuizhi Chen, Abhishek Gumidyala, Maryam Abdolrhamani, Cameron Villines, Steven Crossley and Jeffrey L. White, Journal of Catalysis, 351, pp.130-135, 2017
10. Experimental and First-Principles Evidence for Interfacial Activity of Ru/TiO2 for the Direct Conversion of m-Cresol to Toluene. Taiwo Omotoso, Byeongjin Baek, Lars C. Grabow, Steven Crossley, ChemCatChem 9(14), 2642-2651, (selected for cover image) doi:10.1002/cctc.201700157, 2017
11. Enhancing the Acylation Activity of Acetic Acid by Formation of an Intermediate Aromatic Ester. Nhung Dong, Bin Wang, Tawan Sooknoi, Steven Crossley and Daniel E. Resasco ChemSusChem. doi:10.1002/cssc.201700394 2017
12. Influence of Tapped Density on the Degradation Profile of Multiwall Carbon Nanotubes. John A. Zapata, Steven Crossley, and Brian P. Grady. Thermochimica Acta 654, 140145, 2017
13. Hydrogenation of o-cresol on platinum catalyst: Catalytic experiments and first-principles calculations. Yaping Li, Zhimin Liu, Wenhua Xue, Steven P. Crossley, Friederike C. Jentoft, Sanwu Wang, Applied Surface Science 393, 212-220 2017
14. A Systems-Level Roadmap for Biomass Thermal Fractionation and Catalytic Upgrading Strategies. Jeff Herron, Tyler Vann, Nhung Duong, Daniel Resasco, Steven Crossley, Lance Lobban, Christos Maravelias, Energy Technology, early view doi:10.1002/ente.201600147 2017
15. Direct carbon-carbon coupling of furanics with acetic acid over Brønsted zeolites. Science Advances Abhishek Gumidyala, Bin Wang, Steven Crossley2, e1601072, 2016
16. Selective ketonization of acetic acid over HZSM-5: The importance of acyl species and the influence of water. Abhishek Gumidyala, Tawan Sooknoi, and Steven Crossley, Journal of Catalysis, 340, 76-84, 2016.
17. C-C Coupling for Biomass-Derived Furanics Upgrading to Chemicals and Fuels. Tuong Bui, Steven Crossley, and Daniel E. Resasco, in Chemicals and Fuels from Bio-Based Building Blocks, 431-494, 2016.
18. Zeolite-catalysed C–C bond forming reactions for biomass conversion to fuels and chemicals. Daniel E. Resasco, Bin Wang, and Steven Crossley, Catalysis Science & Technology, 6(8), 2543-2559, 2016.
19. Rapid growth of vertically aligned multi-walled carbon nanotubes on a lamellar support. Nicholas Briggs, and Steven Crossley RSC Advances, 5(102), 83945-83952, 2015.
20. Decoupling HZSM‐5 Catalyst Activity from Deactivation during Upgrading of Pyrolysis Oil Vapors, Shaolong Wan, Christopher Waters, Adam Stevens, Abhishek Gumidyala, Rolf Jentoft, Lance Lobban, Daniel Resasco, Richard Mallinson, and Steven Crossley, ChemSusChem 8, no. 3, 552-559, 2015.
21. Epitaxial Growth of ZSM-5@ Silicalite-1: A Core–Shell Zeolite Designed with Passivated Surface Acidity, Arian Ghorbanpour, Abhishek Gumidyala, Lars C. Grabow, Steven P. Crossley, and Jeffrey D. Rimer. ACS nano 9, no. 4, 4006-4016, 2015
22. Implementation of concepts derived from model compound studies in the separation and conversion of bio-oil to fuel, Daniel E. Resasco, and Steven P. Crossley. Catalysis Today 257, 185-199, 2015.
23. Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes at the Interface of Pickering Emulsions Nicholas M. Briggs, Javen S. Weston, Brian Li, Deepika Venkataramani, Clint P. Aichele, Jeffrey H. Harwell, and Steven P. Crossley. Langmuir 31, no. 48, 13077-13084, 2015
24. Morphology of polystyrene/poly (methyl methacrylate) blends: Effects of carbon nanotubes aspect ratio and surface modification Guo, Jiaxi, Nicholas Briggs, Steven Crossley, and Brian P. Grady. AIChE Journal 61, no. 10, 3500-3510, 2015
25. Gluconic Acid from Biomass Fast Pyrolysis Oils: Specialty Chemicals from the Thermochemical Conversion of Biomass. Santhanaraj, Daniel, Marjorie R. Rover, Daniel E. Resasco, Robert C. Brown, and Steven Crossley ChemSusChem 7, no. 11 3132-3137, 2014.
26. Generation of synergistic sites by thermal treatment of HY zeolite. Evidence from the reaction of hexane isomers, Anh T. To, Rolf E. Jentoft, Walter E. Alvarez, Steven P. Crossley, Daniel E. Resasco. Journal of Catalysis, 317, 11-21, 2014.
27. Understanding the role of TiO2 crystal structure on the enhanced activity and stability of Ru/TiO2 catalysts for the conversion of lignin-derived oxygenates Taiwo Omotoso, Sunya Boonyasuwat, Steven Crossley, Green Chemistry, 2014,16, 645-652
28. Ketonization of Carboxylic Acids: Mechanisms, Catalysts, and Implications for Biomass Conversion. Tu N. Pham, Tawan Sooknoi, Steven P. Crossley, Daniel E. Resasco, ACS Catalysis, 3(11), 2456-2473, 2013.
29. Conversion of Guaiacol over Supported Ru Catalysts, Sunya Boonyasuwat, Taiwo Omotoso, Daniel E. Resasco, Steven P. Crossley, Catalysis Letters 143 (8), 783, 2013.
30. Direct Conversion of Triglycerides to Olefins and Paraffins over Noble Metal Supported Catalysts, Martina Chiappero, Phuong Thi Mai Do, Steven Crossley, Lance L. Lobban, Daniel E. Resasco, Fuel, 90 (3), 1155-1165, 2011.
31. Catalytic Conversion of Anisole over HY and HZSM-5 Zeolites in the Presence of Different Hydrocarbon Mixtures, Teerawit Prasomsri, Anh T. To, Steven Crossley, Walter E. Alvarez, Daniel E. Resasco, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 106(1-2), 204-211, 2011.
32. Solid Nanoparticles that Catalyze Biofuel Upgrade Reactions at the Water/Oil Interface, Steven P. Crossley, Jimmy Faria, Min Shen, Daniel E. Resasco, Science, 327, 68-72, 2010.
33. Etherification of 2-methylpentanal on Supported Palladium Catalysts, Trung Pham, Steven P. Crossley, Tawan Sooknoi, Lance L. Lobban, Daniel E. Resasco, Richard G. Mallinson, Applied Catalysis A: General, 379 (1-2), 135-140, 2010.
34. Challenges and Opportunities for Catalysis Research in Biofuel Refining, Daniel E. Resasco, Steven Crossley, AIChE CEP, 105(5), 11, 2009.
35. Molecular Engineering Approach in the Selection of Catalytic Strategies For Upgrading of Biofuels, Daniel E. Resasco, Steven P. Crossley, AIChE Journal, 55(5), 1082-1089, 2009.
36. Activity Inhibition By Nitrogen Compounds in the Simultaneous Hydrogenation of Polyaromatic Compounds over NiMo/Al2O3 Catalyst in the Presence of Sulfur, Andrea R. Beltramone, Steven Crossley, Daniel E. Resasco, Tushar Choudhary, and Walter E. Alvarez. Catalysis Letters, 123, 181-185, 2008.
37. A Novel Micropyrolyis Index (MPI) to Estimate Sooting Tendency of Fuels, Steven P. Crossley, Walter E. Alvarez, Daniel E. Resasco. Energy and Fuels, 22(4), 2455-2464, 2008.
38. Catalytic Strategies for Improving Specific Fuel Properties, Phuong Do, Steven Crossley, Malee Santikunaporn, and Daniel E. Resasco, Catalysis (Special Periodical Reports) Royal Society of Chemistry, 20, 33-64, 2007.