PhD, Electrical Engineering, University of Manchester
MS, Electrical Engineering, University of Manchester
BS, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology
- Professor, University of Oklahoma
- Associate Professor, University of Oklahoma
- Associate Professor, University of Dayton, OH
- Senior Lecturer, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
- Lecturer, La Trobe University, Australia
- Assistant Professor, King Fahd Univ of Petroleum & Minerals, Saudi Arabia
- Assistant Profesor/Lecturer, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Bangladesh
Internet of Things, Vehicular Communications, Computer networks, internet protocols over satellite networks, wireless networks and optical communications, , Sensor Networks, UAV.
Dr. Mohammed Atiquzzaman is a Edith Kinney Gaylord Presidential professor in the School of Computer Science at the University of Oklahoma. He teaches courses in Data Networks and Computer Architecture. Many of his current research activities are supported by NSF, NASA, Honeywell, Cisco, Oklahoma Department of Transportation and the US Air Force. He serves as the Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Founding Editor-in-Chief of Vehicular Communications, and Editor of many journals including of IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, and Journal of Real-Time Image Processing. He was the past Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Computer Communications Journal.
AWARDS, HONORS AND PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Editor-in-Chief: Journal of Network and Computer Applications
- Founding Editor-in-Chief: Vehicular Communications
- Editor, IEEE Communications Magazine.
- Member of Editorial boards: Telecommunication Systems, International Journal on Wireless and Optical Communications, Real Time Imaging
- Conference Co-Chair: Mobile and Wireless Networking Symposium at IEEE ICC 2016, 2016 International Conference on Networking Systems and Security (NSysS 2016), IEEE WCNC 2015 Workshop on Next Generation WiFi Technology, IEEE High Performance Switching and Routing (HPSR 2011).
- Program Committee Member: IEEE INFOCOM, IEEE Globecom, International Conference on Computers and Communications Networks.
- Panel Co-Chair: IEEE INFOCOM.
- Distinguished Technical Achievement Award, IEEE Communications Society, May 2017
- Edith Kinney Gaylord Presidential Professorship, 2010.
- IEEE Communications Society Fred W. Ellersick Prize for the paper "Evaluation of SCTP for Space Networks," 2006.
- The Regents' Award for Superior Accomplishment in Research and Creative Activity, 2007
- Electronic Police Records 2020", State of Oklahoma, Highway Safety Office
- "SAFE-T: Statewide Analysis for Engineering & Technology", State of Oklahoma, Highway Safety Office, 2019.
- “Enhancing driver safety during severe weather conditions", 2014.
- "CC*IIE Engineer: A Model for Advanced Cyberinfrastructure Research and Education Facilitators", National Science Foundation, Oct 2014,
- NSF, “ITR: A Power-Aware Technique to Manage Real-Time Database Transactions in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks,” $400K, Aug 2003-July 2010.
- Cisco University Research, “Evaluation of Saratoga for High Speed Data Transfer,” $60K, April 2009.
- NASA, “Implementation and Validation of SIGMA in Space Network Environment,” $657K, Dec 2006-Nov 2009. NASA, “Seamless handover in space networks,” $487K, May 2003-Dec 2006.
- C. Chen, C. Wang, T. Qiu, M. Atiquzzaman, and D. Wu, "Caching in Vehicular Named Data Networking: Architecture, Schemes and Future Directions", IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 22, no, 4, pp. 2378-2407, 4Q 2020.
- T. Qiu, J. Chi, X. Zhou, M. Atiquzzaman, and D. Wu, "Edge Computing in Industrial Internet of Things: Architecture, Advances and Challenges", IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 22, no, : 4, pp. 2462-2488, 4Q 2020.
- X. Zhu, W. Qu, T. Qiu, L. Zhao, M. Atiquzzaman, and D. O. Wu, "Indoor Intelligent Fingerprint-based Localization: Principles, Approaches and Challenges", IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 22, no, : 4, pp. 2634-2657, 4Q 2020.
- M. S. Rahman, I. Khalil, M. Atiquzzaman and X. Yi, "Towards privacy preserving AI based composition framework in edge networks using fully homomorphic encryption", Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol 94, Sep 2020.
- P. C. Mahawaga Arachchige, P. Bertok, I. Khalil, D. Liu, S. Camtepe and M. Atiquzzaman, "A Trustworthy Privacy Preserving Framework for Machine Learning in Industrial IoT Systems", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 6092-6102, Sept. 2020.
- B. Alzahrani, O. Oubbati, A. Barnawi, M. Atiquzzaman, and D. Alghazzawi, "UAV assistance paradigm: State-of-the-art in applications and challenges", Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 166, Sep. 2020.
- S. Wan, Y. Xia, L. Qi, Y.-H. Yang, and Mohammed Atiquzzaman, "Automated Colorization of a Grayscale Image with Seed Points Propagation", IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 1756-1768, July 2020.
- D. Zhou, Z. Yan, G. Liu, and M. Atiquzzaman, "An Adaptive Network Data Collection System in SDN", IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 562-574, June 2020.
- P. Arachchige, P. Bertok, I. Khalil, D. Liu, S. Camtepe, and M. Atiquzzaman, "Local Differential Privacy for Deep Learning", IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 5827-5842, July 2020.
- K. Kaur, S. Garg, G. Kaddoum, S. Ahmed, and M. Atiquzzaman. "KEIDS: Kubernetes based Energy and Interference Driven Scheduler for Industrial IoT in Edge-Cloud Ecosystem", IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 4228-4237, May 2020.
- M. R. Amin, M.S. Hossain, M. Atiquzzaman, "In-Band Full Duplex Wireless LANs: Medium Access Control Protocols, Design Issues and Their Challenge", Information, vol. 11, no. 4, April 2020.
- S. Badsha, R. Xie, I. Khalil, and M. Atiquzzaman, "An intelligent healthcare system with data priority based on multi vital biosignals", Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, vol. 185, Mar 2020.
- A. Paranjothi, M.S. Khan, R. Patan, R.M. Parizi, and M. Atiquzzaman, "VANETomo: A congestion identification and control scheme in connected vehicles using network tomography", Computer Communications, vol. 151, pp. 275-289, Feb 2020.
- Z. Peng, X. Xiao, G. Hu, A. Sangaiah, M. Atiquzzaman, and S. Xia, "ABFL: An autoencoder based practical approach for software fault localization", Information Sciences, vol. 510, p 108-121, February 2020.
- A. Paranjothi, M. Atiquzzaman, and M. S. Khan, "PMCD: Platoon-Merging approach for Cooperative Driving", Internet Technology Letters, vol. 3, no. 1, Jan 2020