PhD, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
BS, East China Normal University
Associate Professor, School of Computer Science, Department of Microbiology and Plant Biology, University of Oklahoma
Senior Research Scientist, Computer Science and Mathematics Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Research Scientist, Computer Science and Mathematics Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Bioinformatics, medical informatics, explainable machine learning, computer vision, parallel computing, data science.
Dr. Chongle Pan is an associate professor in the School of Computer Science and the Department of Microbiology and Plant Biology at the University of Oklahoma. Prior to joining OU, he worked as a senior research scientist in the Computer Science and Mathematics Division of Oak Ridge National Laboratory. Dr. Pan has published more than 60 peer-reviewed journal publications and is the corresponding author on 14 publications. He has mentored 6 postdoctoral researchers, 3 of whom then became tenure-track assistant professors of computer science in the U.S. His research focuses on using artificial intelligence and machine learning for knowledge discovery in bioinformatics and developing new high-performance computing algorithms for scalable analytics of big -omics data.
- Badré, L. Zhang, W. Muchero, J.C. Reynolds, C. Pan (2021) Deep Neural Network Improves the Estimation of Polygenic Risk Scores for Breast Cancer. Journal of Human Genetics, 66(4):359-369
- C. Wang, P. Calle, N. Ton, Z. Zhang, F. Yan, A.M. Donaldson, N.A. Bradley, Z. Yu, C. Pan, Q. Tang (2021) Deep-learning-aided forward optical coherence tomography endoscope for percutaneous nephrostomy guidance. Biomedical Optics Express, 12(4):2404-2418
- A.J. Paul, D. Lawrence, M. Song, S.H. Lim, C. Pan, T.H. Ahn (2019) Using Apache Spark on Genome Assembly for Scalable Overlap-Graph Reduction. Human Genomics 13(Suppl 1):48. doi: 10.1186/s40246-019-0227-1
- X. Guo, Z. Li, Q. Yao, R.S. Mueller, J. K. Eng, D. L. Tabb, W. J. Hervey, and C. Pan (2018) Sipros Ensemble improves database searching and filtering for complex metaproteomics, Bioinformatics 34(5):795-802
- Q. Yao, Z. Li, Y. Song, S. J. Wright, X. Guo, S. G. Tringe, M.M. Tfaily, L. Paša-Tolic, T. C. Hazen, B. L. Turner, M. A. Mayes, C. Pan (2018) Community Proteogenomics Reveals the Systemic Impact of Phosphorus Availability on Microbial Functions in Tropical Soil. Nature Ecology and Evolution 2(3):499-509