School of Electrical and Computer Engineering Admission Requirements
Admission to either the Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering or Master of Science in Telecommunications Engineering program at the University of Oklahoma-Tulsa require the following:
- Completed application form see "apply now" below (You must have the application completed and documents noted below submitted in order to be considered). Check the U.S. and International application deadlines. On the application Choose an Academic Track in which 3 hours is devoted to defending a project or a thesis track in which 6 hours is devoted to writing and defending a thesis.
- Official transcripts showing at least the equivalent of a 4-year US Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution (Applicants are encouraged to upload a copy of their latest transcripts with the application. Before full admission, applicants are required to submit official transcripts from all schools where they have earned a degree or will earn a degree by mail to the following address:
Office of Admissions
University of Oklahoma-Tulsa
4502 E 41st ST
Tulsa, Ok 74135
- For those who have not completed coursework at the time of application, transcripts with final grades and the degree certificate are required early in the first semester. It is recommended that international applicants obtain all documents before leaving their home country).
- Official GRE (Graduate Record Exam) general scores are required. Have the educational Testing Service (ETS) send official score report to the Norman campus. Indicate institution name 6879 (University of Oklahoma-Norman) and intended graduate major code: M350 for ECE Masters, D350 Phd in ECE.
- Three letters of recommendation uploaded by your referee through his or her official email address.
- Resume and Statement of Purpose (Statement of Purpose contains a summary of your academic and professional goals as well description of your past research work and areas of interest).
- All applicants for whom English is a second language must present evidence of proficiency in the English language. For information please visit English proficiency requirements.
- Undergraduate background in engineering, computer science, math or physics (For non-engineering students, completion of four of the following undergraduate courses prior to full admission:
- Electromagnetic Fields I
- Signals and Systems
- ECE Lab III
- Introduction to Electronics
- Microprocessors System Design
- Calculus - 12 hours
- In lieu of taking these courses, students may opt to demonstrate proficiency by taking the respective final examination and scoring a minimum grade of B.
- International applicants must show financial proof of tuition, fees and expenses at or above $30,200.