Security and Safety Information
To assist with making graduation weekend safe and enjoyable, please note the following safety procedures are in place for all College Convocations and the University-wide Commencement ceremony.
It is recommended that guests allow extra time for entry. Metal detectors will be located at the main entrances to each venue. Guests will empty cell phones , keys and metal objects larger than keys from their pockets before screening. Medical lanes will be available for guests who require alternate screening methods.
Carry-In and Clear Bag Policy
All carried-in items will be searched by security personnel prior to entering the venues. Only those items for medical needs plus empty, clear personal-sized containers suitable for drinking water are permitted. Prohibited items must be returned to the owner's vehicle or discarded. Items left at the entrance will be discarded. Any unlawful items are subject to confiscation, and the person in possession of such items is subject to arrest. It is still illegal to carry any gun on OU campuses and clinics.
- Clear plastic bags (1 per person) no larger than 12" x 6" x 12"
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (1 per person)
- Non-transparent clutch purses no larger than 4.5" x 6.5" (1 per person)
- Bags necessary for approved medical equipment
- Approved family care items (diapers, formula, etc.) must be in a clear plastic bag
- EMPTY, clear plastic water bottles less than 17 oz.
- Seat cushions and chair backs smaller than 16" wide and without frames or armrests.
- Still Photography Cameras
- Video Cameras
Prohibited items must be returned to the owner’s car or discarded, and any unlawful items are subject to confiscation.
- Alcohol (in all forms)
- Baby Seats
- Baby Strollers
- Backpacks, camera bags, diaper bags, fanny packs, purses or binocular cases
- Beach balls, footballs, balls or other sporting equipment
- Coolers, containers or ice chests
- Explosives, firearms or weapons
- Folding chairs or stools
- Food or drink
- Gift-wrapped packages
- Laser pointers
- Noise makers of any type (i.e. air horns, plastic horns, whistles, etc.)
- Personal heaters
- Pets (with the exception of registered service dogs)
- Selfie sticks, bi pods, monopods, etc.
- Umbrellas (except in the event of relocation to Lloyd Noble Center)
Security officers will search all bags before attendees will be permitted to enter. Those with prohibited items will be asked to return items to their car.