In order for master's degree candidates to be cleared for graduation in a specific semester, they must meet the filing dates listed below. NO EXCEPTIONS CAN BE MADE TO THE GRADUATION CLEARANCE DEADLINES.
*Graduation Applications are available in the Graduate College or student's departments but should be submitted to the Office of Records.
If planning to attend Commencement, a separate Cap and Gown Rental form and fee must be paid at the Main Bookstore.
Students who do not process the Graduation Application will not be cleared for graduation.
|Fall 2014||Spring 2014||Summer 2014|
|Final day to file Admission to Candidacy form in the Graduate College||April 7||October 7||March 3|
|Final day to file for graduation*||October 1||March 3||July 1|
|Final day to file Request for Authority for Thesis Defense in the Graduate College||November 26||April 25||August 1|
|Final day to complete master's non-thesis examination||December 5||May 2||July 23|
|Final day to hold thesis defense||December 5||May 2||August 8|
|Final day to deposit thesis in the library||December 12||May 9||August 15|
Checklist for Thesis Degree Completion
Checklist for Non-Thesis Degree Completion
Graduation Exit Survey
Master's Thesis Topic and Committee Membership Form
Non-Thesis Instruction Packet
Request for Authority for Thesis Defense
Request For Letter Of Completion
Thesis and Dissertation Template Guide
Thesis Instruction Packet
Waiver for Non-Thesis Examination
- Master's candidates in a thesis option program should file the application for approval of the master's topic and committee membership form along with the Admission to Candidacy form.
- Check with the members of your committee to select a defense date and suitable hour. Notify all committee members of the time and place.
- Present a reading copy of your Master's thesis to the Graduate College 2 days prior to the defense. The reading copy must be presented in person, not by mail. The Graduate College will review and approve the reading copy. Once the reading copy of the thesis is approved, the Graduate College will issue to the student the Authority Report Form of the Thesis Defense. The student may not defend until this authority form has been issued. Failure to obtain the authority form may negate the results of a successful thesis defense. Authorization for the defense is valid for the period listed on the form. If the defense is not completed during this period, the Graduate College must be notified and the form returned marked “Not Taken.”
- Within 72 hours after the thesis defense submit the report signed by all committee members to the Graduate Dean.
- Within 60 days after passing the thesis defense submit three copies of your thesis signed by all committee members to the Graduate College and then to the Library.
- Select the members of your comprehensive exam committee in conjunction with your graduate liaison. Names must be included on the Admission to Candidacy form.
- Check with the members of your examination committee to select an examination date and suitable hour. Notify all examination committee members of the time and place.
- Obtain the Authorization for the Comprehensive Exam form approximately one week prior to the examination. Check with the chair or graduate liaison in your academic unit.
- Within one week after the comprehensive exam submit the report signed by all committee members to the Graduate Dean.
- Graduation Applications are available in the Graduate College or student's departments but should be submitted to the Office of Records.
- If planning to attend Commencement, a separate Cap and Gown Rental form and fee must be paid at the Main Bookstore.
- Students who do not process the Graduation Application will not be cleared for graduation.
- Advanced Programs students must pay a $25 graduation application fee. A fee of $27.50 is required for Generic Dual degree. A fee of $30.00 is required for Ph.D candidates.