- Apr17"Socially Focused Design: Experience the Future of Social Innovation in Oklahoma and Abroad" 2014 Social Entrepreneurship Symposium
- Apr17"Before the Revolution" A Heymann Brothers Film Screening
- Apr18The Iran-Iraq War of Words: Enlisting Nationalism and Religion in Combat
- Apr21Twelve Years in Afghanistan: What Has the U.S. Military Learned?
- May05Spring 2014 Final Examinations
The Jim Grillot Photographer International Photo Award has been named to honor Jim Grillot, who was a professional photographer in Oklahoma for more than 30 years. Mr. Grillot began his career as a freelance photographer in the late 1970s and ultimately managed his own business focusing on commercial and pageant photography. The father of Dean Suzette Grillot, Jim Grillot was always a major supporter of his daughter’s international work and would have loved to encourage young photographers to employ their creative eye in a global setting.
Submit your best international photo in the following areas: landscapes, people, culture, or architecture. All current University of Oklahoma Students who have lived, studied, worked or interned abroad are eligible to enter. Students may enter up to two (2) photos. A faculty and staff committee will choose the top photos to be posted on the CIS facebook page to be voted on.
1st place: $150
2nd place: $100
3rd place: $50
Congratulations to the winners of the 2013 Jim Grillot Photographer International Photo Award!
by Laura Hoffman
Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt
Una Vista Ideale
by Chris Fenner
by Symphonie Swift
St. Petersburg, Russia