Average ACT Score: 26
Average ACT Score: 26
On November 10, 2006, the Mewbourne College of Earth and Energy launched an $80 million capital campaign to provide support for increased scholarships, fellowships, endowments for laboratories and technology upgrades, faculty endowments, and support for student services and programs.
The goals of the new Mewbourne College of Earth and Energy are as follows:
- Encourage more interdisciplinary research and study, provide better coordination across disciplines in the broader energy industries, and allow a more focused energy education program.
- Provide closer ties between the academic and research units and better coordinate research that will produce new technology. In particular, this goal relates to the long-held desire of OU’s energy industry partners and alumni to see the promise of the Sarkeys Energy Center research institutes more fully realized.
- Establish interdisciplinary relationships that will carry over into the profession. This includes relationships with other OU colleges, especially the Price College of Business, to help students succeed in all aspects of the industry.
The goals of the Mewbourne College of Earth and Energy Capital Campaign are as follows:
- Fellowships & Scholarship Endowment
- Faculty Endowments
-$7 million in private gifts
-$7 million State Regents for Higher Education match
- Facilities and Resources
-$8.5 million Sarkeys Energy Tower renovation -$2.5 million Oklahoma Petroleum Information Center
- Enrichment Endowments
-$7 million Student Enrichment: field camp, field trips, activities, recruitment
-$1 million Faculty Research Enrichment
-$1 million Library Endowment
MAKE A GIFT
Make a difference in the lives of current and future students in the OU Mewbourne College of Earth and Energy by supporting the Mewbourne College of Earth and Energy’s $80 million capital campaign.
Ways to Give
- Annual Giving
- Corporate and Matching Gifts
- Endowed Gifts
- Planned or Deferred Gifts
- Other Ways to Give
For more information on giving to the campaign, contact:
Ameil Shadid, Director of Development email@example.com (405) 325-0463 (direct); FAX: (405) 325-3180
Allison Richardson, Alumni Relations firstname.lastname@example.org (405)325-3821 (main); (405) 325-2449 FAX: (405) 325-3180