OU Faculty/Staff Green Zone Training
OU Named Best College for Vets
OU named as one of the nation’s
Best Colleges for Veterans 2015!
OU is a Pat Tillman Foundation University Partner
Mark your calendars!!
Informational Workshops offered in October by the OU Tillman Scholar Committee.
Attend the one that fits your schedule.
Room 3020 - Monday, October 12 - 1:30pm
Room 3065 - Wednesday, October 14 - 12:00pm and 3:00pm
Writing Center - Tuesday, October 20 - 5:30pm
How much is the scholarship?
This scholarship covers educational expenses, including tuition and fees, books and living stipend. Each award amount is determined on a case-by-case basis and is intended to meet each applicant’s unique need. The exact amount will be based on individual financial need and the strength of application in comparison to the overall pool. On average, award funds are $11,000+ per Scholar, per year.
Who can apply to become a Tillman Military Scholar?
- Veteran and active-duty military service members, honorably discharged of pre-and post-9/11 service and from all branches of the U.S. Military, including National Guard and Reserve
- Current spouses of veterans or active-duty service members including surviving spouses
- Service members or spouses pursuing a degree as a full-time student: Undergraduate (Bachelor’s or above); Graduate or post-graduate degree at a public or private, U.S.-based accredited institution
Veterans, do you have a class "eating your lunch"?
Tuesday, October 13
Oklahoma Memorial Union, Governors Room (3rd floor, north end)
Come grab a free lunch between 11am-1pm
Do you have a class or two more challenging than you expected?
Tap into this resource!!! Use this one-on-one opportunity with OU's tutoring staff. They will connect you to the exact tutoring you need, no matter what the course: math, languages, science, writing...even "underwater basket-weaving"! If your availability is limited, they will work around that too!!!
Chevron Student Veteran Engineering Scholarship
The first Chevron Student Veteran Engineering Scholarship was recently awarded to John L. Hoffman, jr. for his outstanding academic performance and a demonstrated interest in the oil and gas industry.
The scholarship is funded through a gift to the university from the Chevron University Partnership Program.
Veteran Support Alliance Fund
The Veteran Support Alliance fund has been established with the OU Foundation to support the projects and initiatives of the OU Veteran Support Alliance such as veteran appreciation events, Green Zone training, veteran student orientation, student scholarships, veteran student emergency needs, and support for OU Student Veteran Association projects and events.
- Oct26Spring and Summer 2016 Advance Registration Begins
- Oct30Fall 2015 Final Day to Change from Credit to Audit for Graduate Students
- Nov02Fall 2015 Grade of W or F on Complete Withdrawals for Undergraduate Students
- Nov02Fall 2015 Petition to College Dean to Drop Course(s)
- Nov25Fall 2015 Final Day to Request Authority for Dissertation Defense