Biology Core Molecular Lab
The Biology Core Molecular Lab runs Sanger sequencing and Microsatellite fragments for on-campus personnel using a capillary electrophoresis genetic analyzer. Ann Harris has provided research assistance for over 30 years and can help trouble-shoot the results. Now available for use in the lab is a Bio-Rad Real-Time PCR machine and an Olympus Cut4060 Microtome.
Services (fee based)
- Sanger sequencing on samples either ready for BigDye reactions, or “ready to load”
- Microsatellite fragments with either five-dye (6-Fam, Vic, Ned, Pet with Liz size standard) or four-dye (6-Fam, Hex, Ned with Rox size Standard)
Instruments (General Use)
- Bio-Rad CFX96 Real-Time PCR machine with Maestro statistical analysis Software
- Olympus Cut4060 Microtome
- Kodak EDAS 290 digital camera and agarose gel electrophoresis rigs
- Eppendorf 5804 Refrigerated Centrifuge
The Applied Biosystems 3130xl (16-capillaries) genetic analyzer is operated by Ann Harris for samples submitted for Sanger Sequencing or Microsatellite Fragment reads.