Have a story you would like to submit?
- OU research published in a peer-reviewed, high-impact journal and recognized via journal-issued or funding agency-issued news releases or communication
- Grants and contracts awarded
- New technologies, processes, products or drugs developed/patented for the benefit of society
- Prestigious professional awards
- High-impact media coverage
- Research-related events and faculty/researchers representing OU at major research conferences
OU Researchers to Lead Public-Private Partnership Aiding Oklahoma Mothers Struggling With Substance Use Disorders
Researchers at the University of Oklahoma are leading an effort to strengthen families in Oklahoma by implementing the Parent-Child Assistance Program, an award-winning, evidence-informed program developed at the University of Washington School of Medicine, that provides assistance to pregnant and parenting mothers struggling with addiction.
Erin Maher, Ph.D., OU associate professor of sociology and associate research director for OU’s Data Institute for Societal Challenges, is the principal investigator and will lead the project.
To read the full story, click here: https://www.ou.edu/web/news_events/articles/news_2021/ou-researchers-to-lead-public-private-partnership-aiding-oklahoma-mothers-struggling-with-substance-use-disorders
Post-Doctoral Researcher Position
We invite applications for one or two postdoctoral researcher positions with spring 2022 start dates in visual analytics, visualization, social media analytics, and big data analytics across a wide spectrum of application areas.
The successful candidate will perform duties including:
- Research in visual analytics in application domains including social medial analysis, interactive and explainable AI, sustainable food-energy-water systems public safety, crisis management, functional soil mapping, precision agriculture.
- Research in Foundational Data Science with a specific focus on trustable and scientific AI
- Assist in drafting successful research grant proposals.
- Lead research activities within the group, including project management and stakeholder engagement.
- Assist in supervising graduate and undergraduate students.
- Interface with renowned academic research groups at and beyond OU.
OU to Lead AI-enabled Sustainable Agriculture Planning Grant
The University of Oklahoma will lead a national research team to support artificial intelligence-enabled sustainable agricultural communities and production through advancements in plant and crop science, weather and climate forecast models, hydrologic models and water management tools, and the climate-food-water ecosystem.
To read the full story click here:
Data Science Institute Sponsors Three Science-Based AI Projects
The Data Institute for Societal Challenges will sponsor three projects that advance data science research. Inspired by a recent announcement from the Department of Energy to provide funding for science-based artificial intelligence projects, DISC hosted a two-part workshop to help OU faculty develop teams and competitive proposals for research projects that involved AI-enabled solutions aligned with the DOES's mission.
To read the full story click here:
Arctic Winter College 2021 Fellow
Dr. Audrey Reinert has been selected as an Arctic Winter College 2021 Fellow. This program, hosted by the Arctic Institute, aims to build a lasting, policy-oriented network of Arctic professionals to strengthen communication between peoples and nations, scientific disciplines, and policy areas to improve collaborations, research, and decision-making in the Arctic.
Dr. Audrey Reinert in Iceland