Admission Requirements and Application Process
January 10 (Fall entry only)
*Applications for Transition Sooner Scholars Due Feb. 1 (Fall 2020 only)
Prospective students must have
- At least two years of experience working directly with individuals with disabilities
- A Masters degree from an acceptable institution of higher education with a GPA of 3.0 or above. Students with less than a 3.0 GPA may be admitted on a conditional basis. Students need to describe the reasons for a lower GPA in their personal statements that accompany their application to the Special Education program.
- Completed Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores no more than five years ago. Students’ GRE scores are considered in relation to GPA, letters of recommendation, personal statements, and other application materials.
You will be asked to provide official transcripts and remit an application fee in addition to providing the following required documents during the application process.
· Personal statement
· Provide contact information for 3 recommendations
· Copies of all transcripts
· Official GRE results
For information about applying for the OU Doctoral Special Education Program, contact the College of Education Graduate Programs Support Office at 405-325-4525 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.