Online Master of Education in Educational Administration, Curriculum and Supervision
The Jeannine Rainbolt College of Education at the University of Oklahoma is committed to addressing the shortage by developing the next generation of school leaders. The online Master of Education in Educational Administration, Curriculum and Supervision will foster aspiring education leaders to principalship and other educational roles. The program is 36 credit hours and is designed for working adults. It can be completed in as little as 24 months while working full-time.
- Earn Credential Needed for Advancement – With your master’s degree, you will likely have access to higher-paying jobs and career advancement opportunities. You will be prepared for leadership positions in school systems, administrative government, advocacy centers, and scholarly positions in universities.
- Access Curriculum Grounded in Theory and Practice – The coursework includes the theory of effective leadership and cultivating successful schools, but also is grounded in practice. Our program has a strong emphasis on instructional improvement and transformative leadership to increase student achievement.
- Expand Your Career Opportunities – Employment of school principals has a projected growth rate of 4 to 6 percent (USBLS, NASSP). This advanced degree will give you the expertise that is in high demand.
- Learn from Experienced, Nationally Recognized Faculty – You will get a first-class education from a college ranked in the top tier of education colleges in the country by U.S. News & World Report. Our experienced OU faculty will guide you, drawing from their firsthand knowledge of issues facing schools.
- Form Connections in Your Industry – Our program connects you with partners in the education field, allowing you to network outside of the classroom. You will be mentored by expert principals and OU professors in your internship.
The online Master of Education in Educational Administration, Curriculum and Supervision is 36 credit hours and can be completed in 24 months. Courses are eight weeks long.
A sample course sequence is listed below:
|Master of Education in Educational Administration, Curriculum and Supervision|
|Organization of Education||3|
|Politics in Education Administration||3|
|School-Level Instructional Leadership||3|
|Technology in Education Administration||3|
|Inquiry for Performance Improvement||3|
|Practicum in Education||3|
|Supervision of Instruction||3|
|Principal Internship (Access to a school site required)||3|
|Education and the Law||3|
|School and Staff Development Management||3|
| Total Program Credits||36|
How to Apply
To apply for the online Master of Education in Educational Administration, Curriculum and Supervision program, you must submit:
Tuition and Financial Aid
The University of Oklahoma’s Financial Aid office can assist you by providing information about scholarship and financial aid opportunities available at the University of Oklahoma. Please visit: http://www.ou.edu/financialaid.html or call (405) 325-9000 to learn more.
*Tuition and fees are subject to change at the discretion of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education.