Skip Navigation

Export controls and visas

export controls website wordmark
Skip Side Navigation

Export Controls and Visas

Faculty and staff sponsoring visas should be aware that the visa application process may be used to gather information regarding the applicability of export control regulation.  Students (F-1), Visiting Scholars (J-1), and the visa sponsor may be asked for additional information regarding any proposed research, funding sources (especially U.S. Government-funding), access to export controlled technology or items, or if the proposed research is open to non-U.S. Citizens.  If you receive a request for additional information, please contact the Office of Export Controls for assistance.