- Summer 2020 Austin Petty (BME) participated as a member of the Blue Knights Drum and Bugle Corps virtual performances.
- Summer 2020 Luis Ewing (BME) accepted to Vancouver Symphony Orchestra Institute.
- Summer 2020 Evan Hargrave (BM) accepted to Mostly Modern music festival.
The OU Percussion Press announces the winners of the OUPP Composition Contest:
1st Prize -- Cyclus by Austin TheriotRunner-up -- Emerging Victoriously by Chris Prather
- Spring 2020 Hunter Gross (BM) will be attending the University of North Florida to pursue an MM in Percussion Performance.
- Spring 2020 Four percussion studio members compete in the Ladies Music Club of OKC competition. Tim Carroll (BMA) is awarded 1st place, Colton Kirton (BM) is awarded 2nd place, and Luis Ewing (BME) is named an alternate.
- Fall 2019 OU Percussion Orchestra performs feature concert at Fall OkMEA Convention.
- Fall 2019 Hunter Gross (BM) performs as member of PASIC All-Star Percussion Ensemble
- Fall 2019 Percussion Students perform with various SoM groups including: Womens' Chorus, Trombone Choir, Brass Choir, Hornsemble
- Fall 2019 Symphony Orchestra Percussion Section performs with Bombay Jayashri, Poovalur Sriji, and Raman Kalyan.
- Summer 2019 Connor Burns (BME) performs with Guardians Drum and Bugle Corps
- Summer 2019 Kent Fuller (BME) performs with Genesis Drum and Bugle Corps
- March 2019 Evan Hargrave (BM), Colton Kirton (BM), and Jacob Willing (BME) competed in the OKC Ladies Music Club Scholarship Competition. Jacob Willing was awarded 2nd place, and Colton Kirton was named an alternate.
- March 2019 Danny Kocher (MM) was accepted into the NYU Steinhardt Artist Diploma in Timpani program.
- March 2019 Luis Ewing (BME), Evan Hargrave (BM), Colton Kirton (BM), and Jacob Willing (BME) performed for the OU Young Artist Competition. Colton Kirton selected to perform in Winner's Concert.
- March 2019 Dr. Andrew Richardson presented a faculty recital
- February 2019 OU Percussion Studio hosted annual Steel Band Festival with guest artist CJ Menge
- January 2019 BM student Hunter Gross awarded a scholarship to participate in the Toolbox Percussion Seminar in Hong Kong.
- January 2019 DMA student Jamie Whitmarsh's composition Permadusk for percussion ensemble performed at Georgia MEA convention.
- January 2019 Dr. Andrew Richardson presented a clinic at Oklahoma Music Educators convention.
- November 2018 Hunter Gross, Colton Kirton, and Jacob Willing performed in the Chamber Music Competition at the Percussive Arts Society International Convention in Indianapolis, IN.
- November 2018 Danny Kocher performed in the Timpani Symphonic Lab at the Percussive Arts Society International Convention in Indianapolis, IN.
- October 2018 Jamie Wind Whitmarsh (DMA) performed with the OKC Philharmonic on October 6th and performed with Duo Rodinia at the American Single Reed Summit at Truman State University.
- October 2018 Hunter Gross (BM) performed as a Semi-Finalist in the OU Concerto Competition.
- September 2018 Hunter Gross (BM), Colton Kirton (BME), and Jacob Willing (BME) have been selected to compete in the chamber music competition at PASIC 2018 in Indianapolis, IN.
- September 2018 Danny Kocher (MM) has been selected to participate in the Timpani Lab at PASIC 2018.
- August 2018 DMA student Jamie Wind Whitmarsh has been selected as a faculty member of the 2018 YES Academy Lebanon. With 15 faculty members chosen from across the United States YES Academy is Lebanon's only international summer performing arts program.
- July 2018 Tanner Brown (BME) and Grayson Rushing (BM) performed as finalists in the Great Plains International Marimba Competition - Open Duo Division. Grayson Rushing also performed as a semi-finalist in the Great Plains International Marimba Competition - Collegiate Division.
- June 2018 Hunter Gross (BM) has been selected to serve as a unit counselor for the Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp.
- March 2018 Sophomore BM student Hunter Gross won 1st Place in the Ladies Music Club of OKC Music Scholarship Competition.
- March 2018 Senior BM student Grayson Rushing was accepted to the University of Kansas Master of Music program.
- March 2018 DMA student Jamie Whitmarsh performed recitals at Southwestern Oklahoma State University and Yukon High School.
- March 2018 Dr. Andrew Richardson performed recitals at East Central University at Oklahoma State University.
- March 2018 OU Percussion Alum Micheal Barnes presented a guest recital for current students.
- March 2018 Hunter Stutzman performed Paul Creston's Concertino for Marimba with the OU Symphony Orchestra as a winner of the concerto competition.
- February 2018 The percussion studio hosted our 7th Annual Steel Pan Festival featuring CJ Menge and students from Bartlesville High School, McAlester High School, Owasso High School, and Oklahoma Christian University.
- January 2018 Three percussion students competed as finalists in the OU Concerto Competition Finals: DJ Handy (MM), Hunter Stutzman (BME), and Grayson Rushing (BM).
- November 2017 We had several students participating in the Percussive Arts Society International Convention including: Graduate Percussion Quartet (Louie Fehl, DJ Handy, Danny Kocher, Jamie Whitmarsh) Chamber Competition; Danny Kocher (MM) performed in the Bob Becker Ragtime Xylophone Masterclass as well as the Symphonic Timpani Lab; Jamie Whitmarsh (DMA) presented a report to for a Composition subcommittee; Dr. Andrew Richardson presented the Oklahoma Chapter update at the Chapter President's Meeting; and Jamie Whitmarsh and Dr. Richardson performed in the PASIC Mass Steel Band.
- August 2017 Dr. Lance Drege was recently featured on Pete’s Percussion Podcast hosted by Pete Zambito, Assistant Teaching Professor and Assistant Director of Athletic Bands at the University of Missouri. You can listen to the episode here: Pete's Percussion Episode 49.
- August 2017 Dr. Andrew Richardson’s composition The Small Stuff is now available through Tapspace Publications: The Small Stuff by Andrew Richardson
- July 2017 Freshmen students Colton Kirton and Jacob Willing participated as semi-finalists in the Great Plains International Marimba Competition held at Oklahoma City University on July 17, 2017.