Online Master of Arts in Strategic Communication and Digital Strategy
The University of Oklahoma can help upwardly mobile professionals achieve their goal of being the strategic leaders that employers are seeking. Our online Master of Arts in Strategic Communication and Digital Strategy (MA-SC&DS) prepares graduates to create coordinated, proactive messaging campaigns for modern media channels in as few as 20 months. Students will learn to lead multi-channel communication teams, use research and data analytics to evaluate campaigns, leverage the power of social media to create communities, create content that tells impactful, memorable stories in digital market, and focus on essential professional skills as a strategic leader, including crisis communication, digital marketing, management and strategic planning.
This 33-credit program’s curriculum also includes the opportunity to earn certifications from industry leaders in digital marketing.
For more information on the admissions process and financial aid for graduate students, contact OU Online.
As a graduate of this program, students will be able to:
- Create strategy utilizing data analytics to inform decision making.
- Understand user behavior on a variety of digital channels and tailor campaign strategies accordingly.
- Apply best practices in social media marketing to construct a social media marketing plan.
- Gain a deep understanding of crisis planning, media relationships, image restoration, and ethical responses.
- Become an expert in creating crisis mitigation.
- Use qualitative and quantitative research methods to plan campaigns and measure the effectiveness of existing campaigns.
- Evaluate published marketing research for insights.
- Improve storytelling skills, especially in the digital realm, multiple audiences, platforms, and purposes.
- Create content for a variety of digital channels that tells coherent stories about organizations, brands, and products while informing consumers.
The Master of Arts in Strategic Communication and Digital Strategy is a fully online program conducted over five semesters (20 months). It features:
- Courses that range from eight to 16 weeks in length
- A blend of asynchronous coursework and live online classes
- Mix of strategy, social media expertise, and analytic skills development
The program includes 11 courses for a total of 33 credit hours. We designed it to accommodate full- time work schedules, so our students can stay current with their career while earning a degree.
Course topics include:
- JMC 5093 Introduction to Research Methods
- JMC 5863 Marketing & Media Analytics
- JMC 5473 Social Media Marketing
- JMC 5883 Digital Behavior
- JMC 5293 Professional Seminar in Strategic Communication
- JMC 5413 Crisis Communication
- JMC 5893 Management & Leadership
- JMC 5823 Cross-Cultural Communication
- JMC 5343 Digital Strategic Communication
- JMC 5813 Ethics of Strategic Communication
- JMC 5873 Strategic Planning & Brand Strategy
Cohort 1 (SP21)
|Cohort 1 (SP21)|
Cohort 2 (SU21)
|Cohort 2 (SU21)|
Cohort 3 (FA21)
|Cohort 3 (FA21)|
The online MA-SC&DS includes coursework that can lead to certifications from industry leaders in digital marketing. The online MA-SC&DS has a curriculum that provides opportunities for professional certifications, including Google, Facebook, and Hootsuite.