Submitting Transcripts, Test Scores and Other Crednentials
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates to Transcript and Credential Submission
Due to precautions related to the COVID-19 virus, the University of Oklahoma has implemented a telecommuting plan for most campus offices, including the Graduate College. The Graduate Admissions team is currenlty working remotely. We currently anticipate no significant disruption in the application submission or review process. All application materials can still be received by Graduate Admissions via email or electronically.
During this period, submit application credentials in the following ways:
- To submit unofficial transcripts, unofficial GRE, IELTS, and TOEFL score reports and other applicaiton materials before you submit your application
- Upload your materials to your application, and submit your application
- To submit unofficial transcripts, unofficial GRE, IELTS, and TOEFL score reports and other application materials after you submit your application
- Upload these documents to your Application Status Page
- To submit official transcripts
- Send your official transcripts electronically via e-Script, National Clearinghouse or Parchment transcript services - select University of Oklahoma-Graduate Admissions
- All admitted students who do not have access to the electronic transcript services, particularly international students, should send their official transcripts and degree certificates to our office. We continue to receive mail, including mail sent via the global mail services (i.e. DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- To submit official electronic GRE, IELTS, and TOEFL score reports
- Send to University of Oklahoma
- For GRE and TOEFL-Institution Code: 6879
Scheduling a GRE or TOEFL Exam
ETS has recently instituted the GRE Test at Home and the TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition to allow students to take these tests remotely. For more information about test availability, please visit the GRE and TOEFL websites.
Transcript Submission - When you apply
Applicants must submit a transcript from the institution where they earned their most recent degree in order to be considered for admission. For example, if you have both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree, you must provide a copy of the transcript from your master’s degree. If you are currently in a degree program and will earn that degree before the semester you are applying for, you must submit a transcript from your current institution.
Applicants must also disclose all colleges or universities previously attended. Failure to list any college or university attendance on the application may be grounds for expulsion from The University of Oklahoma.
To minimize your application’s time to review, scan and upload a copy of your transcript and degree certificate directly to the application site. We do not accept "advisory" or "student portal" transcripts.
Transcript Submission - After Admission
If you are admitted, you must submit official academic records from all institutions where you earned a degree (bachelor's or higher). The final transcript must show the degree conferred. Mail or personally bring all documents to the following location:
Office of Graduate Admissions
Robertson Hall, Room 213
731 Elm Avenue
Norman, OK 73019
Official vs. Unofficial
Unofficial transcripts are uploaded as part of the application process.
- Both the official and the unofficial transcript contain the same information about a student’s academic record: a chronological list of classes, grades, and credits. However, photocopies or scans of original documents are unofficial.
- Any transcript you (the applicant) upload to the application or email to Graduate Admissions is considered unofficial.
- Official transcripts are the original documents issued by the institution.
- An official transcript is delivered in a sealed envelope which should not be opened by anyone except the Graduate College Admissions. An official transcript is a legal document and includes distinguishing marks such as the Registrar’s signature, the college seal, and the date it was issued.
- We do accept official, electronic transcripts from e-Script, National Student Clearinghouse and Parchment transcript services. Electronic transcripts should be send to the University of Oklahoma - Graduate Admissions, email - email@example.com.
Note: All transcripts, test scores, correspondence, or other materials submitted in conjunction with an application for admission become the permanent property of the University and will not be returned. Should you need copies of your transcripts for other purposes, you must obtain them from the originating institution(s).
Helpful tips regarding transcripts
- If you have received a degree (bachelor’s or higher) from a country outside of the United States, note that the WES evaluation is not sufficient. OU Graduate Admissions will require a copy of the original transcript (with translation) at the time of application.
- Applicants from India must submit individual semester mark sheets that show all fails and repeats at the time of application (if applicable).
- Domestic applicants may choose to submit official transcripts via Parchment or Escript services provided the transcripts are sent directly from the granting institution to OU.