Welcome, welkom, bienvenue, willkommen, benvenuto, boa vinda, bienvenidos!
Welcome to the University of Oklahoma and to your campus home. Our core purpose in Housing and Food Services is to bring life to your University experience, and we urge you to take full advantage of our many excellent services.
To help you to have the best possible experience, we urge you to become involved in your residence hall or apartment community. Participate in your community’s activities such as intramurals and the Housing Center Student Association. We encourage you to take pride in your community.
- Speak up. When something needs doing, speak out. Don’t wait for someone else to do it.
- Report problems. If your sink is leaking, report it. Help make your living environment the best it can be.
- Pick up trash. Simple actions like picking up litter and recycling your waste are contagious. Your community
will look better and you will be doing something important for the environment.
- Organize. Get involved. The campus and surrounding community needs people who are committed to improving the environment and meeting the needs of those less fortunate. People power works.
- Treat people well. In a community where people are respectful, kind and interested in one another, a sense of pride builds naturally. Treat folks as you would like to be treated and your actions will come full circle.
- Study. Enjoy yourself but remember the primary reason why you’re at the University of Oklahoma. It’s critical
that you get off to a good start and form good study and living habits from the very beginning of the academic year. If you find yourself struggling in one or more of your classes, don’t wait until the semester is half over. Make use of our free tutoring at the Housing Learning Center.
Finally, we encourage you to become acquainted with the Housing and Food Services staff in your community as soon as possible. Seek them out to report a problem, to give feedback, or when you need help or advice. We sincerely strive to make a positive impact to the life of every individual we are given the opportunity to serve.
Once again, fellow Sooner, we’re very glad you’re here, and we wish you great success.