Who Are We?
The Henderson Scholars Program
- To identify and recruit 20 to 30 high school seniors annually.
- To introduce our scholars to a stimulating intellectual community that encourages them to participate in community service, mentorship, and to think critically and independently with their peers regarding a variety of issues within the University of Oklahoma and globally.
- To create and operate programs that will introduce prospective scholars to the University community and to the advantages of being selected as a Henderson Scholar.
- To increase the Henderson Scholars Endowment with financial support through fundraising, by developing partnerships with local individuals, alumni, community leaders and friends of the university.
- To increase the availability of scholarships to students who meet or exceed current scholarship criteria.
In 1999 there was a vision to honor Dr. George Henderson by establishing a scholarship program in his name – this vision become a reality. In 2001, the Henderson Scholars Program officially came into fruition. The 2002-2003 Henderson Scholars was the first class. These twenty students represented the diversity of the students at the University of Oklahoma and have become role models for all Henderson Scholars.
We are pleased to be a part of Dr. Henderson's legacy and furthering his vision.