What is Zoom?
Zoom is a communications software that combines video conferencing, online meetings, chat and mobile collaboration. Zoom allows for HD video and high-quality audio for all meetings. It contains collaboration tools, that allow multiple participants can share their screens simultaneously and co-annotate for a more interactive meeting. Zoom also supports scheduling or starting meetings from Outlook, Gmail, or iCal. Zoom Meetings syncs with your calendar system and delivers streamlined enterprise-grade video conferencing from desktop and mobile. Zoom can also be used to record and share webinars and trainings.
Please note: You must log into Zoom with a registered Zoom account to join your class in Zoom a meeting. The best way to do this is by signing into https://oklahoma.zoom.us with your OUNetID and password.
All enrolled students have a licensed Zoom account which allows up to 300 participants.
Zoom is available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
Additional Zoom Guides
- Getting Started (list of topics with links to other help docs)
- Getting Started on Windows and Mac (text and screenshots)
- Host and Co-Host Controls in a Meeting (video: 1:02)
- How Do I Share My Screen? (video: 0:37)
- Sharing a whiteboard (Text and screenshots)
- Recording in Zoom
- Screen Sharing in Zoom
- Participating in Breakout Rooms
- Zoom Video Settings
- Zoom Audio Settings
- Spruce Up Your Video With a Virtual Background
- Missing campus? Check out these images from campus you can use as virtual backgrounds during your Zoom meetings.
How to Join a Meeting:
If a Zoom (live) session has been scheduled in your course, review these short tutorials.
You may have received a zoom meeting invitation in your email, or you may have a link in your Canvas course to click on to join a session.
Notice: Zoom meetings now requre a password to enter. Please review Joining Zoom Meetings Requiring Passwords.