- Current OU students who have completed at least 24 credit hours, including CHEM 1315 and either MATH 1823 and 2423 or MATH 1914 with a C or better, and have an OU retention and combined retention GPA of 2.5 or higher are eligible for admission into the Mewbourne College of Earth and Energy.
- Transfer students who have been admitted into the University of Oklahoma, have a minimum 2.5 retention GPA, and have completed at least 24 credit hours of undergraduate coursework, including CHEM 1315 and either MATH 1823 and 2423 or MATH 1914 with a C or better, are eligible for admission into the Mewbourne College of Earth and Energy.
- MCEE students must maintain a minimum 2.5 combined, OU, semester, and major retention GPA to be in good standing with the Mewbourne College of Earth and Energy.
- MCEE students must earn a grade of C or better to successfully complete a course required for graduation.
- MCEE students are allowed no more than three attempts per course to successfully complete the course. Unsuccessful attempts include earned grades of D, F, I, U, AU, W, and AW.
- MPGE students must be admitted to the Professional Program before enrolling in any upper division Petroleum Engineering courses.
Please Note: a grade of C or better is required to satisfy course prerequisites. Students who earn D's and/or F's in prerequisite courses may be removed from courses for which they are no longer eligible. Consult your MCEE advisor if you have any questions.
MCEE Readmission Policy
A student who is dismissed from the MCEE (stopped out) is unlikely to be readmitted. Students are eligible to apply for readmission after at least 2 full (fall and spring) semesters have elapsed since the date of dismissal and they have significantly improved their performance in courses that are technically demanding and relevant to an engineering/science education. Applying for readmission does not guarantee that a student will be readmitted. Each request is considered on its individual merit. If the student is readmitted to the MCEE, the student will be placed on Academic Performance Contract. Students who are dismissed from the MCEE for a second time are not eligible for readmission.