Scholarships & Financial Aid
CASH Application for 2020-2021 Academic Year is closed.
Applications for the 2021-2022 Academic Year will open on October 1st.
The Centralized Academic Scholarship Hub (CASH) is where current OU students can apply for all merit and financial need-based OU scholarships. The link to CASH opens annually on Oct. 1 of the current year for the next academic year and closes on Feb. 1. of the following year.
MCEE Undergraduate Scholarships
Due to the generous support of alumni, friends and industry, there are significant scholarships available to Mewbourne College of Earth and Energy students. MCEE College Scholarships are available for First Generation (first person in your immediate family to graduate from college) or non-traditional students (e.g., adult returning to college, single parent).
MCEE Scholarship Eligibility Requirments:
- Applicants must be CURRENTLY admitted to the Mewbourne College of Earth
- Applicants must be Non-Traditional or First Generation
- Applicants must be enrolled in at least 12 hours of OU coursework and have a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA.
MCEE Scholarship Selection Criteria
Scholarships are usually specified by the donor and may include, but are not limited to:
- A minimum grade point average of a 2.75.
- A specific field of study within the Mewbourne College of Earth and Energy.
- Statement of campus involvement and leadership ability, internships, career ambition, future goals, honors and other achievements.
- Essay Questions are a part of the selection process and should be well thought out and detailed.
- Candidates for need-based MCEE scholarships will have financial need verified by the Office of Financial Aid before the MCEE Scholarship Committee finalizes its selection.
Other Scholarships & Awards
The Scholarship + Awards Blog is updated weekly with new outside scholarships for students to apply for.
Sooners Helping Sooners raises money for current Norman, HSC and Tulsa campus students facing extenuating financial circumstances beyond their control. We provide assistance to students who face natural disasters, theft of personal property, death in the family, and a variety of other circumstances. Sooners Helping Sooners promotes the principle of sacrificial giving and spreading compassion inwardly on OU's campus.
OU's Student Financial Center’s focus is to eliminate unnecessary barriers to college access and completion. Our goal is to simplify the financial aid process as much as possible, and to make sure students are always engaged and aware of the next step. Our office allows us to reach students earlier and more efficiently, freeing up time for our Student Service Experts to have important conversations with students about their individual situations and what needs to be done to help them persist and succeed.
The OERB is committed to education and established the OERB Petroleum Scholar Program in response to an increasing need for petroleum professionals. Up to $500,000 is awarded each year to students majoring in petroleum-related fields at the University of Oklahoma, the University of Tulsa, Oklahoma State University and Oklahoma City University. Since 2005, the OERB has sponsored over $4.1 million in scholarships. The OERB scholarship window is open from November 1 to March 1.