Spring 2021 Student Research Symposium
MARK YOUR CALENDARS! The Geosciences Virtual Research Symposium will be held Friday, April 9. Students will have a chance to present a 5 minute lightning talk about their research for a chance to win a prize!
Categories and Prizes
Three (3) $500 “Outstanding Presentation” prizes will be awarded per category
- Presentations will be limited to 5 minutes, followed by Q&A from the judges.
- As a general rule, you should plan on approximately one slide per minute, meaning you should limit yourself to 5-8 slides, especially if they require significant explanation. There is no hard limit on number of slides, but the 5-minute time limit is strict, and you will be cut off at 5 minutes, so plan accordingly.
- Slides must be submitted to the Dropbox by March 31 at 8:00 AM. Link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/DjtKI8Tjclt8hLXZuA57
- Files must be in PowerPoint format
- Files must contain your name