Accelerated BS in Petroleum Engineering/MBA
The Accelerated BS in Petroleum Engineering/MBA program is designed for the petroleum engineering student with an interest in business. The synergy of this track is strengthened by incorporating the Energy specialization of the MBA program into the accelerated curriculum. Students graduating with this option will have a firm foundation in engineering fundamentals along with knowledge of business and energy principles.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- Must be an undergraduate in OU’s Petroleum Engineering program
- Must have an OU retention and combined GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must have major GPA of 3.0 or higher
- At least twelve credit-hours of petroleum engineering courses completed at OU
- Must meet MBA GMAT requirements
Students should submit the application form, along with a personal statement reflecting on career goals and interest in graduate education, to the Coordinator of Student Relations for MPGE by January 15 of their junior year in the curriculum.
Upon completion of the above steps and receiving acceptance, candidates will be notified by Price College of Business Graduate Programs regarding the submission of additional materials that include:
- Supplemental Application for Graduate Study in Business
- Official GMAT exam results
- Current resume
- Personal statement of goals, reflecting on career goals and interest in graduate education