Start Sooner Housing
Please Read all of the information about Start Sooner housing below.
- Fall Housing: Information on specific room and building assignments will become available in the early spring semester. To learn more about the residence halls at the university, please visit the OU Housing webpage.
- Start Sooner housing assignments are separate from your permanent Fall & Spring housing. During Start Sooner, all participants will live in the same residence hall and then will move to their permanent housing at the conclusion of the program.
- This year, Start Sooner students will be housed in OU's Residential Colleges on campus.
- Start Sooner students will have a premier moving day about a week before the rest of the Freshman class moves into their housing.
- Start Sooner students will be assigned to rooms based on gender and preferences listed in a Housing Form sent out by Start Sooner Staff.
- Start Sooner students can not request a roommate who is not participating in Start Sooner. All students must be signed up and enrolled in Start Sooner.
- Start Sooner students that do not have a requested roommate will be matched with someone based on their response to the Start Sooner specific housing form sent in late May - early June. The questions on this form are formulated with the goal of matching with another program participant.
- If you have special needs based on disability or have other support needs, please make those needs known on your registration form so that appropriate housing and other accommodations may be made.
- More information regarding move-in will be sent in the mail following registration. Move-in and orientation will tentatively be held on Sunday, July 9, 2023 before classes begin on Monday. The times listed below are subject to change.
- Student Move-In: 8:00 - 11:45 AM
- Parent and Student Lunch: 11:45 - 1:15 PM
- Parent and Student Info Session: 1:30 - 2:30 PM
- Student Orientation: 4:00 - 5:00 PM
Start Sooner Housing FAQ
Yes, after the program concludes Start Sooner Students will move out of their Start Sooner housing and will move into their permanent Fall housing assignment made through OU Housing & Food Services. Students may stay on campus in their Fall housing after Start Sooner ends, but we will strongly encourage students to go home and rest after the program and return in time for Camp Crimson, which will be held the week before the Fall semester begin.
All Start Sooner students participating in the in-person version of the program will live in the Residential Colleges on campus. Specific room and roommate assignments will be provided on the first day of the program, Orientation Day.
No. All Start Sooner students will be required to room with another participating student for the duration of the program. However, keep in mind that Start Sooner housing is separate from Fall and Spring housing. Your roommate request for the Fall and Spring will be honored and is determined by Housing & Food.
Yes. Start Sooner students are permitted to room with another participating student. Registered students will receive a form to indicate their roommate preference in early June.
Yes. If a student wishes to return home at this time, they are free to travel without having to check in with Start Sooner staff. Students will need to return for Camp Crimson, which will be held the week before the Fall semester begins.
Payment for Start Sooner housing will be included in the overall program cost. Payments are due by July 25, 2023 and will appear on the student's bursar balance starting in June. Payment for fall housing will be separate from the Start Sooner payment.
Yes. All Start Sooner students will have a campus meal plan starting the first day of the program. Meal plans are designed to allow students the freedom to eat anywhere on campus without having to worry about carrying cash or credit cards.
The meal plan covers all Housing and Food Services' restaurants. Meal plans are applied to your OU student ID, the Sooner Card.
Meal plans are based on a weekly cycle and reset each Sunday morning at 12:01 a.m.
If you have any questions about the program or registration process email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 405-550-3659.