COVID-19's Impact on Technology
COVID-19 has significantly impacted technology. We have experienced global disruptions and accelerated innovation. With each innovation, we also face new criminal tactics. In response, we are diligently working on getting ahead of cybercriminals by providing you with the tools you need to sharpen your personal and university digital self-defense skills.
Navigating Cybersecurity During COVID-19
During just the first few months of COVID-19, IBM saw an increase in phishing by 6,000%. Since then, Google has recorded a record-breaking 2.02 million phishing sites, with an average of 46,000 new sites every week.
The university is no exception, and we’ve seen an increase in targeted attacks.
- Stay current on Human Firewall Training through KnowBe4.
- Verify the sender's demand and intent before downloading, opening, or entering credentials.
- Study phishing examples, phish red flags, social engineering, and ransomware red flags.
- Follow Policies, Standards, & Guidelines.
- Follow Laws & Regulations.
- Utilize Data Chart Storage Charts and Encryption Decision Flow Charts.
- Schedule a personalized consultation.
Alerts & Recommendations
- CISA- Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (Partners with FBI)
- FBI- Federal Bureau of Investigation Cybersecurity
- National Cybersecurity Alliance
- InfoSecurity Magazine