Parent & Family Orientation
*All 2021 Dates for Parent & Family Orientation Have Been Filled
We would like to invite you to join us virtually at Parent & Family Orientation! This summer, we are offering four virtual Parent & Family Orientation sessions. Each day will start at 8:30 a.m. and conclude at 4:00 p.m central time.
- June 17th - Virtual (this date has been filled)
- June 21st - Virtual (this date has been filled)
- July 15th - Virtual (this date has been filled)
- July 21st - Virtual (this date has been filled)
Attending Parent & Family Orientation will help you learn how to support your student to be successful in college, gain insight about campus services, discover how to become involved in the University of Oklahoma family, and provide an opportunity for you to meet faculty, administrators, staff and current students. We will also have giveaways at each orientation session! Each session will consist of the same information, so you only need to sign up for one date. Registration will open at 8:00 am on April 1st and is $15 per family.
Tentative Schedule (central time)
|8:30 am||Welcome Session|
|9:00 am||Parent & Family Programs Overview of the Day|
|9:20 am||Academic Life Coaching|
|10:15 am||Break Out Sessions: Safety on Campus, Career Services, Let's Talk Money|
|11:00 am||Break Out Sessions: Healthy Sooner, Campus Engagement|
|11:30 am||Grab Lunch and Get Ready for our Keynote Speaker|
|12:00 pm||Keynote Speaker Dean Rhonda Kyncl|
|1:00 pm||Welcome Back & Giveaways|
|1:10 pm||Home Away From Home|
|1:55 pm||Meet & Greet Sessions|
|2:35 pm||Breakout Sessions: Study Abroad, Life in Norman and Greek Life|
|3:15 pm||Boomer Bound Session and Q&A|
New Sooner Orientation registration opens for Fall 2021 admits on February 1!
Let's make your student's first semester at OU official! Starting February 1, students can schedule their New Sooner Orientation Day. New Sooner Orientation is for incoming students to be advised, enroll in their first semester courses, and learn about OU resources that will help them through their time at OU.
Be sure your student completes each of the items below before scheduling their Orientation Day:
- Set up an OU account and email at account.ou.edu
- Submit an enrollment deposit
- Take the New Sooner Survey
- Complete the mandatory online training
- Submit official ACT or SAT scores directly to OU*
* In order to be placed into the right classes at OU during New Sooner Orientation, students must send their official ACT or SAT test scores. Without sending official test scores for verification, students will be required to complete all three course placement assessments, including math, reading, and English. However, once we have official scores, students may be excused from these assessments depending on their test scores.
New Sooner Orientation happens regularly throughout the summer (May through July). The deadline to schedule your New Sooner Orientation Day is June 15, 2021. Visit newsooner.ou.edu for more information.