How do I appeal a citation? Appeals must be done online. Appeals must be submitted within 14 calendar days of the date of the citation.
What are common reasons for unsuccessful appeals?
• Lack of knowledge of parking rules or regulations.
• Improper display of permit (instructions are on the back of the permit).
• Failure to purchase any permit or the appropriate permit (permits are required year round).
• Inclement weather.
• Late arrival for class or meeting.
• Parking in same area without previously receiving a ticket (see signage in that area).
• Parking in handicap space without the required placard.
• Was only parked for a short period of time.
• A friend or staff member told you to park in a particular lot.
How many citations do you issue each year? We issue an average of 50,000 citations each year.