Online Master of Accountancy
Recognizing the need for accounting professionals to complete 150 hours (with 30 credit hours in upper-division/graduate accounting) to sit for the CPA exam*, the Price College of Business at the University of Oklahoma now offers its Master of Accountancy in an online format. This is the same program currently delivered on campus. Only now, the program is easily accessible anywhere in the world. The OU online Master of Accountancy was recently ranked 8th nationally by The Best Schools.
Benefits of the Online Master of Accountancy (MAcc):
- Strong Accounting Expertise. The John T. Steed School of Accounting is one of a select number of accounting programs that has its own accreditation with AACSB, the organization that accredits top business schools. The accreditation offers assurance that the program is of the highest quality and provides appropriate preparation for the CPA Exam.
- Flexible delivery on your time. Study when and where you want with the online format. The program can be completed in less than two years while still working full-time. Plus, Price College offers an international trip for credit to further accelerate the completion of your degree.
- Opportunity to receive up to four hours of graduate business credits for successful completion of CPA Exam review course, e.g. Becker. OU online MACC students who pay for their own CPA Exam review course (i.e., are not reimbursed by their employer) are eligible for a discount of approximately $650 and a Flex Pay option if they purchase Becker CPA Exam Review. Every year, one online MACC student will be eligible for a 100% scholarship and four online MACC students will be eligible for a 50% scholarship for Becker CPA Exam Review.
- Incredible Student Experience. Small class sizes ensure each student receives personal attention. Plus, the cohort-based model establishes and builds strong connections with your classmates as you learn from their experiences.
- Experts on the Faculty. Each faculty member was carefully selected based on their experience and expertise. This group will challenge you, collaborate with you, provoke you and prepare you for the CPA Exam.
- Strong Networks Impact Your Life and Career. Graduating from the Price College of Business at the University of Oklahoma connects you to thousands of graduates. With a rich tradition and history, graduates have opportunities to network with Sooners already in the accounting profession through many formal and informal networks.
The online Master of Accountancy degree from the University of Oklahoma is designed to accelerate your career in strategic accounting services among a broad range of businesses and organizations.
- Spring - December 15
- Summer - April 15
- Fall - July 15
* The OU MAcc program meets the educational requirements to sit for the CPA exam in Oklahoma. We have made no determination as to whether or not the program meets the educational requirements of any other state. We believe it likely that our program can meet the minimum educational requirements necessary for the CPA credential in all US jurisdictions, but each student should carefully review the requirements in any jurisdiction in which they intend to practice to ensure that their program of study includes all courses required.