Economic Development is a key priority for OU and will continue to impact Oklahomans by encouraging collaboration, promoting the development of innovative activities and entrepreneurship; and fostering economic development in service to the businesses and citizens of the State of Oklahoma and the nation.
Center for Economic and Management Research (CEMR)
The Center For Economic & Management Research was established in 1928 by the University of Oklahoma to conduct basic and applied economic research.
Our clients include economic developers, businesses, local and state government agencies and industrial and technology companies.
The center also serves as a point of contact between business and government leaders and faculty members providing technical assistance and consulting.
Office of Public / Private Partnership (PPP)
Formed in September 2015, the Office of Public/Private Partnerships replaced the former Corporate Engagement Office. The role of the office includes:
- Managing and maintaining Economic Development relationships across the University and State
- Strategically managing select corporate relations on behalf of the University
- Enabling the University to enhance corporate relations and coordinate economic development functions across the various colleges
- Providing business retention, expansion and recruitment services to the University Research Campus and developing relationships with new companies as they seek to engage with the University
- Interacting with Economic Development partners across the state and serving as a liaison to industry seeking to partner or locate on the OU campuses
Contact the Office of Public/Private Partnerships or call (405) 325-2206 for assistance.
Office of Technology Development (OTD)
Since its creation in 1998, OTD has has licensed University technologies to 36 companies that have generated more than $75 million in capital, more than $10 million in cash and more than $30 million in current estimated equity value for the university. In addition, these companies have created in excess of 150 jobs, which pay on average nearly twice the median household income in Oklahoma.
Ronnie K. Irani Center for the Creation of Economic Wealth (I-CCEW)
The Ronnie K. Irani Center for the Creation of Economic Wealth is an economic development organization at the University of Oklahoma specializing in technology commercialization, software business development, social entrepreneurship, and agile product design.
As a nexus of entrepreneurial activity in the state, I-CCEW provides immersive learning experiences, collaborative spaces, high-impact programming, and entrepreneurial consulting to students, young professionals, entrepreneurs, and community members in Norman, Tulsa and Oklahoma City.
Tom Love Innovation Hub
The Tom Love Innovation Hub’s mission is to increase Innovation and Entrepreneurship across OU and Oklahoma through teaching, research, and increasing OU’s role as an economic engine for Oklahoma. Launched in 2016, the iHub has built strong, diverse partnerships across the university, nation and state to support OU student, faculty, and the citizens of Oklahoma.