Department: Tom Love Division of Entrepreneurship and Economic Development
Program Area: Entrepreneurship, Planning for venture start ups
Office: Price Hall 3005E
Phone: (405) 819-6532
Address: 307 W. Brooks Room, Price Hall 3005E
Norman, OK 73019
Lowell Busenitz teaches entrepreneurship courses at the undergraduate, masters and PhD student levels. He has coached and mentored many student and founding teams in their development of business plans for new startups. Dr. Busenitz's research focuses on how entrepreneurs make decisions, the development of new venture opportunities, and the garnering of resources for new startups. He is among a select group of researchers who has an established reputation in the area of entrepreneurship and is one of the top 10 most cited entrepreneurship scholars. His research has appeared in the leading journals in management and entrepreneurship.
- Houston and Mary Jo Johnson Master Teacher Award; 2010 – 2011, Price College of Business, University of Oklahoma.
- Partners in Learning Award; 2010 – 2011, Price College of Business, University of Oklahoma.
- Bruce Magoon Master Teacher Award; 2009 – 2010, University of Oklahoma.
- University of Oklahoma Alumni Teaching Award, 2007.
- Best paper, Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation Award, Babson Entrepreneurship Research Conference, 2005.
- University of Oklahoma Merrick Foundation Teaching Award, 2005.
- PhD Texas A&M University
- Busenitz, L.W., Plummer, L.A., Klotz, A., Shahzad, A., Rhoads, K. Entrepreneurship Research (1985-2009) and the Emergence of Opportunities. In Press at Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice.
- Klotz, A., Hmieleski, K., Bradley, B., and Busenitz, L. 2014. New venture teams: A review of the literature and roadmap for future research. Journal of Management, 40: 226-255.
- Brunson, L.R., Busenitz, L.W., Sabatini, D.A., and Spicer, P. 2013. In pursuit of sustainable water solutions in emerging regions. Journal of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene for Development. 3(4): 489-499.
- Lim, J.Y-K., Busenitz, L., and Chidambaram, L. 2013. New venture teams and the quality of business opportunities identified: Faultlines between subgroups of founders and investors. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 37(1): 47-67.
- Tang, J., Kacmar, K.M., and Busenitz, L.W. 2012. Entrepreneurial alertness in the pursuit of new opportunities. Journal of Business Venturing, 27: 77-94.