Center For Financial Studies
The mission of the CFS is to foster and support finance research and scholarship at the University of Oklahoma and to facilitate interaction between students, faculty and the external business and academic community.
On this website, you will find information about our programs, scholars, current activities and initiatives. You will learn about upcoming CFS-sponsored finance seminars and be able to download seminar papers. You will also be able to download the latest research by CFS scholars.
For further information contact: Dr. Chitru Fernando, Director, Center for Financial Studies (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Bill Megginson, Co-Director, Center for Financial Studies (email@example.com).
Student Benefits of the Center for Financial Studies
The CFS is committed to assisting students at all levels, undergraduate, master's and doctoral, advance their scholarship in the area of finance.
- Procures data and information, including access to Bloomberg and other information sources, to assist students enrolled in the Student Investment Fund and the Fixed Income Fund classes.
- Acquire data and information to help our finance students in a variety of other courses such as Investments, Derivatives, Financial Engineering, Financial Markets, Corporate Finance and International Finance.
- Has obtain external donor funding to help add new information sources and databases such as Datastream, SDC, ExecuComp, IBES, etc. which have become essential resources in today's fast moving world of finance.
- Has obtained external donor funding to help build in Adams Hall a new state-of-the-art financial markets laboratory, which has become a valuable resource for our students.
- Is expanding its Young Scholars Program with external donor funding to provide summer grants, fellowships and awards to promising finance students.
- Provides opportunities for students to hear and meet leading scholars and practitioners in finance, and thereby stay current with the latest developments and events in the field.
- Provides opportunities for students to network with our corporate sponsors, this helps in job placement and career advancement.
- Provides a venue for doctoral students to hold weekly brown bag workshops, meet with distinguished visiting faculty, and develop, discuss and present their research.