BBA in Energy Management
The Robert M. Zinke Energy Management Program is committed to producing a business graduate with a strong and diversified understanding of both the domestic and global energy industries.
Our graduates will have a strong foundation in the scientfic, legal, financial, and commercial skills to make a difference in the energy industry. We strive to create energy leaders who can thrive in any sector of the industry. We are THE energy major in the Price College of Business at THE energy university known as OU.
OUr students will continue the legacy of the first petroleum land management major in the United States, which is over 60 years strong.
OU's Energy Management program is the first (and largest) of its kind in the nation - created in 1958.The energy focused curriculum is comprised of classes in business, law, petroleum engineering and geology.
Graduates enter the workforce in a number of energy related career paths including land management, energy finance, commodities marketing and trading.
6 Reasons Why You Should Consider an Energy Management Major
- This major provides you with the skills to work and become a leader in all phases of the energy business
- Over 20% of EMGT/PLM graduates have become senior executives or launch their own company.
- Over 10% of EMGT/PLM graduates have become president or ceo at a company.
- The uniqueness of the program is attributable to the cross campus collaboration incorporating class from four of OU’s strong energy-based college:
- Price College of Business/Mewbourne College of Earth and Energy/College of Law
- Internships are plentiful and a critical aspect of students success, applying real world experiences with the program curriculum.
- Energy industry experts teach core classes.
- The program director brings a president/CEO perspective to students on a daily basis.
- Largest and longest running energy management program in the world.
Download 6 Reasons Presentation (PDF 624KB)
Interested in learning more? Visit our Energy Management program page for additional details.