Department: Management & International Business
Program Area: Strategic Management, Social Issues Management, Ogranization-Environment Relationships
Professor Emeritus of Management and International Business
Puterbaugh Chair in American Enterprise Emeritus
Professor Sharfman's teaching areas business strategy and social/environmental issues. Professor Sharfman has published his research in several outlets, including Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Business & Society, Decision Sciences, Journal of Management and Strategic Management Journal. He has served on the editorial boards of the Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review and Strategic Management Journal. He is currently an Associate Editor of the journal Business & Society. His research has been supported by grants from the Environmental Protection Agency and the National Science Foundation
- 1985 Ph.D. in Business Administration with a concentration in Organizational Theory and a minor in Operations Management, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ.
- 1979 Masters in Counseling (M.C.) Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ.
- 1973 Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Political Science and Philosophy, Ball State University, Muncie, IN.
- 2000-2002 Colbert Wilhite Research Fellowship, University of Oklahoma
- 2003 University of Oklahoma Merrick Foundation Teaching Award
- 2008 BCERC Stevens Institute of Technology Wesley J. Howe Best Paper Award
- 2011 Appointed to the Puterbaugh Chair in American Enterprise, University of Oklahoma
- 2013 International Association for Business and Society Best Article Award