The Price College of Business EMBA Program is looking for leaders in the energy industry ready to take their careers to the next level. Ideal candidates have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- At least eight years of total work experience*
- Including a minimum of three years of significant experience in the management of people, projects, or business units.
- A minimum two years of work experience in the energy industry related to selected specialization (Hydrocarbons or Renewables).
- Preference for active employment with a renewable energy company, or energy-related company, or energy-related work within a company.
*We will consider exceptional students with fewer than eight years of work experience if they can demonstrate a high level of responsibility and achievement.
If you meet these criteria, we encourage you to take the following steps to apply:
1. ONLINE APPLICATION - https://graduate.online.ou.edu/apply/index.cfm
Create and validate your account, then begin the application. Under “Campus Selection,” select Norman, and then select the Executive MBA in Energy.
2. STANDARDIZED TESTS (NO GMAT REQUIRED – ONLY TOEFL FOR INTL APPLICANTS)
Applicants who have not completed their high school education in one of the countries listed here should apply to the EMBA as early as possible to demonstrate their English proficiency. English proficiency is established by the following:
- Earning a 79+ TOEFL score or a 6.5+ IELTS score
If the applicant meets all of the following criteria, alternative assessment for establishing English proficiency may be pursued:
- Working for the last three+ years in a native English speaking country
- Possessing skills and expertise that would require extensive and fluent use of the English language
- Not applying early enough to be able to take a TOEFL/IELTS before the next intake period of the EMBA program
While GMAT or GRE tests are not required for admission to the Executive MBA in Energy program, you may consider including previous test scores or taking the Executive Assessment designed specifically for Executive MBA programs, if your academic record is weak or contains gaps. There are also several preparation courses on the site that can be beneficial for students entering the program, regardless of taking the test.
Explore the Executive Assessment Test here: https://www.gmac.com/executive-assessment
3. ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS - Please Upload All to the Online Application
- Letter of Acknowledgment – This should come from the applicant's employer on corporate letterhead. It can be from a supervisor, manager, HR department, etc.
- Personal Statement – To help the admissions committee gain a better understanding of you, your career to date, and your career aspirations, please answer the following questions to complete your personal statement.
- What are your main achievements in your current position? (approximately 100-150 words)
- Why do you wish to study for the EMBA in Energy degree? Your statement should focus on the specific organizational, strategic and/or financial challenges you are currently facing, as well as your career goals, and explain how you think the degree may help you address these challenges and goals? (approximately 150-200 words)
- What attributes and activities of yours are indicative of you achieving the program’s aspirational goal of creating energy industry leaders and providing a pathway for its graduates to the C-suite of energy companies? (approximately 75 - 100 words)
- While in the program, how will you approach balancing the demands of the program with your professional and personal life? (50 - 75 words)
- With a goal of creating a sense of camaraderie amongst your cohort, what will your fellow students be pleasantly surprised to learn about you? (50 - 75 words)
4. OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS - Submit your transcript from every college attended. Have official transcripts mailed to:
Office of Admissions and Records
University of Oklahoma
1000 Asp Ave., Room 127
Norman, OK 73019-4076
Once this information is submitted, Price College uses a rolling admissions process to evaluate each candidate. Prospective students should expect to be contacted within 2 business days of their finalized application. Those who have successfully met the criteria will be invited to participate in an online interview with members of the selection committee. Students should expect to hear back within two weeks of their interview on their acceptance to the EMBA program.
We encourage all candidates to apply early for the best consideration. For applicants to be guaranteed consideration for a given start date, all application materials, including official exam scores, must be received by the following deadline dates.
- SUMMER START - June 19
- WINTER START - December 4
If you have any questions, please contact us and we will be in touch shortly.