Although the spaces throughout Price and Adams halls are quiet over the summer break, the Price College of Business leadership team is hard at work with numerous new initiatives as we continue to implement our strategic plan.
With a new rebranding initiative underway for the University of Oklahoma, the time is right for Price College to do the same. In the next few weeks, we’ll select the agency that will help us develop a new, coherent and differentiated brand identity that aligns with the university’s and reflects our vision for the future. We’ll be sharing more about these developments, including new messaging, visual strategies and marketing materials, in the coming months.
In April, we announced the hiring of Nicholas Tobey as the inaugural executive director of executive education at Price College. Under Nick’s leadership, we will launch a new brand for OU Price Executive Education for working professionals and organizations, which will include a comprehensive digital marketing campaign and a new eCommerce website for our new portfolio of short and customized program offerings, which we’ll deliver both online and in person.
We’ll soon be seeking your input for both these initiatives. Be sure to watch your emails for ways you can help.
We recently announced the launch of two new online master’s degree programs to prepare business leaders for lucrative, high-growth professions: the Master of Science in Business Analytics and the Master of Science in Supply Chain Management. Over the next 10 years, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics expects these professions to grow 25-30%. Graduates of these new programs are sure to be in high demand at attractive salaries in a variety of industries. We are excited to offer these new programs to future business leaders.
These new programs and initiatives are just a few of the steps we’re taking to advance our strategic priority of delivering relevant, flexible and accessible business education opportunities to support lifelong learning.
Since our April newsletter, we have several achievements to report. Here are a few, by the numbers:
- A record-breaking 782 graduating students participated in our spring convocation ceremony.
- OU Giving Day raised an incredible $1,077,316 for Price College, thanks to supporters like you.
- Best Value Schools ranked the MIS Division’s undergraduate degree No. 1 (again).
- Gartner ranked our undergraduate Supply Chain Management program 20th in the nation, up five spots from 2021 .
- 31 students brought home a combined 10 awards at this year’s i2E Love’s Entrepreneur’s Cup, a statewide collegiate business plan competition.
- 8 Price students received OU scholar-athlete awards.
- 36 supply chain management students presented real-world solutions to Walmart distribution center executives that could mean six-figure savings annually, fewer employee injuries, improved employee satisfaction and more complete orders shipped to customers.
- After a two-year hiatus, more than 80 Price College students are returning to summer study abroad programs.
These stories, and more, are included in this month’s newsletter. They are just a few examples of the great strides our students and faculty make every day. They are further proof that Price College is growing bigger, broader and better. I’m excited to share with you our latest news. Thank you for reading, and for your continued support.