Office of Diversity and Inclusion
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion at the Michael F. Price College of Business fulfills the Purpose of Price through the promotion of an inclusive learning community where genuine appreciation is given to the diversity of its people, programs, and ideas.
Recommended by the Michael F. Price College of Business Diversity Committee, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion was officially established in the fall of 2015. In addition, this move puts Price College among the limited number of major business colleges across the country that have a designated “Office of Diversity and Inclusion”. Many schools have diversity and inclusion offices that focus on initiatives or conferences, but very few have a designated office. Furthermore, less than 10 major business undergraduate colleges have a designated physical space and fully operational staff that oversee diversity and inclusion efforts of the business college.
- Appreciation: Use differences as opportunities to learn and grow from each other.
- Community: Understand we are a subset of the OU community, but place absolute importance on achieving the Purpose of Price.
- Excellence: Strive for the best in all our actions and practices across Price College
- Respect: Share a common goal of respect for each other irrespective of difference.
Important Dates to Remember
- American Indian Heritage Month
- Veterans Day: November 11
- Thanksgiving: November 28
- Universal Human Rights Month
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities: December 3
- Hanukkah: December 12 - 20
- Christmas: Dcember 25
- Kwanzaa: December 26 - Jan 1
- Chinese New Year: January 25
- African American History Month
- Women's History Month
- Irish-American Heritage Month
- Asian Pacific Heritage Month
- Jewish American Heritage Month
- 2SLGBTQIA+ Pride Month
- National Hispanic Latino Heritage Month
- World Peace Day: September 21
- Rosh Hashanah: September 29 - Oct 1
- National Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Mental Health Awareness Week: October 6 - 12
- Yom Kippur: October 8 - 9
- National Indigenous People's Day: October 14