Creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive campus environment, a true place for belonging, where everyone feels valued and supported is a high priority for the University of Oklahoma. Our vision is to promote and integrate inclusive excellence in our faculty recuritment and hiring practices, teaching, research and service. The newly created position of Associate Provost for Inclusive Excellence in the provost's office supports this vision.
The person in this position:
- Coordinates education and training for inclusive excellence in academic initiatives
- Contributes to the institution's efforts on recruitment and hiring of diverse faculty
- Partners with campus stakeholders on developing programs that promote faculty development and education on DEI issues.
- Provides consultation on inclusive classroom pedagogy and other related topics
- Supports in campus climate survey review to inform educational opportunities
Make Exellence Inclusive (AACU, 2021). DEI core principles for access, student success and high-quality learning.
Understanding Oklahoma Media Series- For an insight into the history of our state, Dr. R.C Undiano sits down with a dozen faculty and staff for an intriguing series on 'Understanding Oklahoma.'
OU Diversity Statement
The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving an equitable, diverse, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person’s unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Read more about OU's Goals for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion