Creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive campus environment is a high priority for the University of Oklahoma. Our vision is to promote and integrate inclusive excellence in our faculty recuritment and hiring practices, teaching, research and service. The newly created position of Associate Provost for Inclusive Faculty Excellence supports this vision.
The person in this position:
- Coordinates education and training for inclusive excellence in academic initiatives
- Contributes to the insitution's efforts on recuritment and hiring of diverse faculty
- Partners with campus stakeholders on developing programs that promote faculty development and education on DEI issues.
Inclusive Teaching and Learning
- How to make your teaching more inclusive
- Anti-racist pedagogy reading list
- Pedagogies of care: Open resources for student-centered and adoptive strategies in the new higher-ed landscape
- Ten Small Steps for Department Chairs to Foster Inclusion (Inside Higher Ed 6/5/20). Retrieved June 5 2020
- Best Practices for inclusive assessment
- What to read, listen to and watch to learn about institutional racism (Public Broadcast Radio 6/5/20). Retrieved June 5, 2020
- How to teach about race and racism: Chronicle of Higher Education
- Antiracism: Books and other resources addressing systemic racism and ways to combat it
- Decolonizing the University
OU Diversity Statement
The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by embracing each person's unique contributions, background and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma recognizes that fostering an inclusive environment for all, with particular attention to the needs of historically marginalized populations, is vital to the pursuit of excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission. This enhances the OU experience for all students, faculty and staff and for the communities we engage.
Read more about OU's Goals for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion