Am I Eligible to Join Air Force ROTC?
To enroll in Air Force ROTC, you must:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student at OU or one of our crosstown schools (see list below)
- Have a CGPA of 2.0 or greater for any previously completed college coursework
- Be able to complete your undergraduate studies and commission before age 30 (up to age 35 with a waiver - restricted to high quality applicants)
- Be of good moral character
- Be in good physical condition
- Be a US citizen or in pursuit of US citizenship
Please see http://www.afrotc.com/program-requirements for additional info.
Detachment 675 has crosstown agreements with:
- Rose State College*
- Oklahoma City Community College*
- Oklahoma Baptist University
- Oklahoma Christian University
- Oklahoma City University
- University of Central Oklahoma
Crosstown students will travel to the University of Oklahoma once or twice per week to take their AFROTC courses.
*Students who attend Rose State College or Oklahoma City Community College must be prepared to transfer to the University of Oklahoma or to one of the four-year schools listed above prior to entering the Professional Officer Course (POC), which would generally be at the start of their junior year.
NOTE: The core competency of AFROTC is to recruit and train individuals working on their first undergraduate degree. Individuals with a previously completed undergraduate or graduate degree are expected to pursue an AF commission through OTS. There may be exceptions for students who are majoring in critical technical majors, have a 3.0 CGPA, and meet outstanding and deserving criteria as identified by HQ AFROTC. Please contact the Recruiting Flight Commander at email@example.com or 405-325-3211 for more information.