Am I Eligible to Join Air Force ROTC?
To enroll in Air Force ROTC, you must:
- Be a full-time student at OU or one of our crosstown schools (see list below)
- Have a Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater for any previously completed college coursework
- Be able to complete your undergraduate studies and commission before age 39* (up to age 42 with a waiver - restricted to high-quality applicants)
- *Rated Officers are limited to age 32. Prior military use an "adjusted age" for prior military service by subtracting years of satisfactory service, from the applicant’s age.
- Be of good moral character
- Be in good physical condition
- Be a US citizen or in pursuit of US citizenship
Please see https://www.afrotc.com/what-it-takes for additional info.
Detachment 675 has crosstown agreements with:
- Rose State College*
- Oklahoma City Community College*
- Oklahoma Baptist University
- Oklahoma Christian University
- Oklahoma City University
- University of Central Oklahoma
Crosstown students will travel to the University of Oklahoma once or twice weekly to take their AFROTC courses.
*Students who attend Rose State College or Oklahoma City Community College must be prepared to transfer to the University of Oklahoma or one of the four-year schools listed above before entering the Professional Officer Course (POC), which would generally be at the start of their junior year.
The nation demands our officers be physically fit, and AFROTC is no different for our officer candidates. Cadets must be able to meet fitness standards to be eligible for scholarships and be considered for commissioning. Each cadet will take two fitness tests each semester. One at the beginning to gauge your fitness level and an official towards the end. Cadets also must meet accession standards for BMI or BF. Additional details can be found at the Fitness link below.
Components: Must meet the minimum for each and score a 75% or higher composite to pass.
1.5 Mile Timed Run
Max effort Push-Up (60-sec)
Max Effort Sit-Up (60-sec)
What If I already have a 4-year degree?
The core competency of AFROTC is to recruit and train individuals working on their first undergraduate degree. Individuals with a previously completed undergraduate or graduate degree are expected to pursue an AF commission through Officer Training School. There may be exceptions for students majoring in critical technical majors who have a 3.0 CGPA and meet outstanding and deserving criteria as identified by HQ AFROTC. Please contact the Recruiting Officer at email@example.com for more information.