All student organizations at the University of Oklahoma are required to register as an OU Registered Student Organization (RSO).
Registered organizations receive benefits from the University of Oklahoma including access to SGA funds, on-campus financial account, free or discounted reservations of University facilities such as the Oklahoma Memorial Union, the ability to publicize on campus, an assigned mailbox in the Conoco Student Leadership Center, sponsorship opportunities from University departments, and more
Before registering a student organization, please make sure you are aware of the policies here.
Renewing an Existing Organization's Registration
2022-2023 Registration renewals will begin August 22, 2022.
There are two ways to renew a group's registration:
For all students who currently have organization tool management access in ENGAGE: The notification to renew will be located on the first page of the organization management tools. After logging into ENGAGE, click on the organization in your memberships and then click on Manage Organizations. The notification to renew will be located on this page, the first page of the organization management tools.
For all students who currently do not have organization management access:
1. Log into ENGAGE.
2. Click on the Organizations tab, then on Register an Organization.
3. Search for the group and click on Register an Organization.
4. After the form has been approved, the form submitter will be assigned into the Primary Contact positon.
Register a New Organization
- At least ten (10) enrolled student members
- A faculty/staff advisor who is employed full time at the University of Oklahoma. The registration process involves enrollment verification for each of the stated members, and employment verification for the stated faculty/staff adviser.
- A completed and approved registration in ENGAGE.
Here are the steps to registering a new organization:
- Log into ENGAGE
- Click on the Organizations tab.
- Click on Register an Organization
- Clickon Register a New Organization
- New org registration will not be available until Sept 20.
All Greek-lettered, single-sex organizations are required to register as an RSO and serve under a governing council. For more information or any questions, please contact Kylie Frisby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update a Student Organization's Officers or Advisor
You can update all officer information in ENGAGE without needing administrative approval. Under the org management tools, go to Rosters and then click on Manage Positions. Please note that you must have organization management access in order to do this.