- Download the "OU SafeRide" app from the App Store or Google Play
- Select "Student Login"
- Enter your 4x4 and password
- Allow SafeRide to access your location
- Allow SafeRide to send notifications
- Enter your phone number
- Book a ride Thursday, Friday or Saturday evening from 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. If your ride is not immediately accepted by a driver, it is because all drivers are finishing current rides. Once you have submitted your request, you are put on the list in the order they are received. Cancelling and re- requesting will put you further towards the end of the waiting list.
SafeRide was created in 2004 during the implementation of the Student Alcohol Policy to discourage drinking and driving. The program provides safe and free transportation to OU students within the Norman city limits with no questions asked. Each student may request free, on-demand taxi SafeRides each weekend of operation.
SafeRide operates every weekend (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) from 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
How to use SafeRide
Guidelines & Rules
SafeRide operates Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings from 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
SafeRide is available to OU students on the Norman campus. Eligible students may use their free SafeRide each weekend on Thursday, Friday or Saturday evening when the University is open.
OU students may have as many guests (OU and/or non-OU) ride with them to their destination as the on-demand taxi can legally accommodate.
REMINDER: SafeRides are used per destination, not per passenger in the vehicle.
The SafeRide program operates within the city limits of Norman, OK not to extend beyond:
- North: Tecumseh Road
- South: E. Post Oak Road
- West: W. 48th Street
- East: E. 36th Street