The following tools are offered to OU students, faculty, and staff. To access the service, users will be required to login using their OU Net ID and password.
- create.ou.edu - Store, host, and serve files including web files such as HTML, JS, CSS, and PHP. Install web based applications on your site such as Wordpress for blogs and portfolios.
- GradeScope - Gradescope is an online grading platform, integrated with Canvas, for rapidly grading handwritten student work including problem sets and short answers/essays. Features of Gradescope include adaptive rubrics, simultaneous team grading, and direct submission by students. Learn more.
- MyMedia - Create screen captures, webcam recordings, or upload videos. It also integrates seamlessly with Canvas to enable the use of video in course content, discussions, and even assessments.
- LinkedIn Learning - LinkedIn Learning offers a robust amount of videos and content in a variety of different groups. Users may also earn certificates which they can share on social media or on their LinkedIn account.
- Qualtrics - Online survey and analytics tool that can be used by OU faculty, staff and students to gather data and insights as well as conduct institutional research and generate reports.
Centrally-Scheduled Classroom Technology
- Touch Panel Overview (Video)
- POD Microphone through Classroom Speakers - Mac (Video)
- POD Microphone through Classroom Speakers - Windows (Video)
Supplemental Classroom Technology
In response to school closures caused by COVID-19, UNESCO recommends open educational applications and platforms to help schools and teachers facilitate student learning and provide social caring and interaction.While these solutions do not carry UNESCO’s explicit endorsement, they tend to have wide reach, a strong user-base and evidence of impact. We've highlighted several below, and you can view the list in its entirety here.
- Alison - Free online courses from leading experts.
- BRCK - Hardware, software and connectivity tools to enable learning.
- Coursera - Online courses taught by instructors from well-recognized universities and companies.
- Duolingo - Free language learning application.
- EdX - Access free online courses from leading educational institutions worldwide.
- Khan Academy– Free online courses, lessons and practice.
- University of the People – Non-profit, American-accredited, tuition-free online university dedicated to opening access to higher education globally.
- Worldreader - Provides free access to a large library of digital books and stories that can be accessed via mobile devices.
- YouTube - Largest repository of educational videos.