Clean and Green
We want to keep you updated on how the University of Oklahoma Facilities Management team is helping to protect the OU community by keeping our facilities clean and safe. Our custodial staff and specialized contractors have worked around the clock to disinfect campus buildings and daily cleaning protocols have also been enhanced in response to COVID-19.
Increased Regular Daily Cleaning Across the University
- Clinical Areas
- Public Areas
- Classrooms and student areas will be cleaned regulary once classes begin.
- 600+ manual bathroom fixtures at OU-Tulsa will be replaced with touchless, motion sensor fixtures.
- The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers recommends the use of MERV13 filters to mitigate airborne exposure. Many OU facilities currently use MERV8 filters that will need to be upgraded.
- Additional custodian services will be required in order to increase cleaning efforts.
Green: Responsible Consumption
- While the priority is safety, it is important to be sustainable in processes and consumption of resources where possible.
- Facilities Management/Operations will transition all three campuses to environmentally preferred paper towels, toilet paper, and cleaning agents such as glass and floor cleaner that are not part of coronavirus disinfecting protocols, and modify HVAC operating times for unoccupied spaces on the OU-Tulsa campus to reduce energy consumption and prolong equipment life.
- Additional campus-specific initiatives will be pursued such as retrofitting incandescent light fixtures to energy-saving LED fixtures at OU-Tulsa.