School of Community Medicine Undergraduate Summer Internship
The OU-TU School of Community Medicine located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, plans to offer a Summer Undergraduate Internship again for 2023. The Internship will give participants an opportunity to experience community medicine through lectures, experiential learning, clinical shadowing, research projects, site visits, High School student mentoring and interaction with current medical students, faculty and staff.
The Undergraduate Experience is a 6 week full time internship in June 5th - July 14th. The internship is not a full time paid experience but does include financial compensation of approximately $750.
The OU-TU SCM Summer Undergraduate Internship Program will plans to take applications from current undergraduate students who will have completed at least their freshman year of college starting in January 2023.
Applicantions now closed.
The application will include the following supplemental materials.
- Professional Resume or CV
- Essay - Please submit an essay (300 words or fewer) that explains your interest in community medicine and what you would like to get out of the program. Your personal statement should include answers to the following questions.
- How is community an important part of your life?
- What talents or strengths would you bring to the program.
- Request a letter of recommendation from a faculty member and have the faculty member submit your letter of recommendation to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line for submission of the letter of recommendation should read as follows: "Last name, First name - LOR - Summer Internship".
To submit documents by mail, send to:
The University of Oklahoma Schusterman Center
Attn: Undergraduate Summer Internship
SCM Student Services, Room 1C54
4502 East 41st Street
Tulsa, OK 74135-2512
All materials: online application, resume/CV and letter of recommendation must be turned in by March 13th. Applicants will be notified by early April if they are chosen to participate.
Please direct any questions about the program to 918-660-3500 or email@example.com.